Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2014 Let's Eat - International GlobalFirst, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Let's Eat - International GlobalFirst, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2014, 2:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by goldelite8
A teaspoon-full of soup and a selection of hot appetizers are now the distinctive catering features of GF.
You also get nut refills and a pretty much guaranteed choice of entree ^
Old Jan 3, 2014, 3:34 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by goldelite8
A teaspoon-full of soup and a selection of hot appetizers are now the distinctive catering features of GF.
A selection similar to what one would find on an Applebee's combination appetizer platter.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
January 2104 IAD/SFO/ORD-PEK/PVG and LAX-PVG 1 of 2

IAD-PEK

Old Jan 5, 2014, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
January 2104 IAD/SFO/ORD-PEK/PVG and LAX-PVG 2 of 2

Old Jan 5, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: UA GS/Global Entry
Yesterday on our 2:27pm departure SXM-ORD blocked at 6hr 2min received the cold cut plate and nothing more. What a joke.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
no more wine lists in BF?

I recently flew SFO-LHR and BRU-EWR over the holidays, and noticed that BF has now been downgraded to the point where there is no longer a wine list provided with the BusinessFirst menus. I guess they don't want us to know how bad their wine selection is anymore. I also noticed that the champagne selection was seriously downgraded, and they are using the same mini-bottles of champagne that they provide in economy class in the the BusinessFirst cabin.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by amartin1979
I also noticed that the champagne selection was seriously downgraded, and they are using the same mini-bottles of champagne that they provide in economy class in the the BusinessFirst cabin.
On the ground or in the air? The minis are often used for pre-departure beverages with the real stuff served after they get off the ground.

Also, I believe there was another report that the January menus did have wine lists in them. Were both of your flights in December or January.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 1:59 pm

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by sbm12
On the ground or in the air? The minis are often used for pre-departure beverages with the real stuff served after they get off the ground.

Also, I believe there was another report that the January menus did have wine lists in them. Were both of your flights in December or January.
Outbound on Dec 25 and return on Dec 31. On both flights, flight attendants were using the economy class mini-Champagne bottles in BusinessFirst while we were in the air. I did not see any other champagne choices available in the premium cabin. They said wine lists were no longer being provided to BF customers.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by amartin1979
Outbound on Dec 25 and return on Dec 31. Flight attendants were using the economy class mini-Champagne bottles in BusinessFirst while we were in the air. I did not see any other champagne choices available in the premium cabin. They said wine lists were no longer being provided to BF customers.
We had real bubbles earlier in the month; possibly a catering error rather than a policy change??
Old Jan 5, 2014, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Champagne splits are standard for pre-departure in international GF/BF and the entire flight in p.s. BF. Definitely a downgrade but at least they still break out full-size bottles inflight for international service, even if it's the $12-20 NV stuff....

A new consolidated wine list is available in international BF as of 1/1/14. Not sure what the story is in p.s. BF.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
No wine list on IAH-AMS either on 12/21 ... but they had real Champagne in regular 0.75L bottles on board (and a decent one for a change).
Menu on the return had a wine list printed again, but it was seriously downgraded
Old Jan 5, 2014, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by EWR764
Champagne splits are standard for pre-departure in international GF/BF and the entire flight in p.s. BF. Definitely a downgrade but at least they still break out full-size bottles inflight.

A new consolidated wine list is available in BF as of 1/1/14.
There were no full size bottles offered in BF on SFO-LHR (Dec 25) and BRU-EWR (Dec 31). Perhaps this is a new enhancement.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by EWR764
Champagne splits are standard for pre-departure in international GF/BF and the entire flight in p.s. BF. Definitely a downgrade but at least they still break out full-size bottles inflight for international service, even if it's still the $12-20 NV stuff....

A new consolidated wine list is available in international BF as of 1/1/14. Not sure what the story is in p.s. BF.
well, the OP is reporting no champgane in BF intl.! This sounds like a catering error IMO.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
We had real bubbles earlier in the month; possibly a catering error rather than a policy change??
That's what I thought too, but then on my return flight, it was the same.

Also, when were wine lists eliminated in BF? Several passengers around me were also confused by the lack of wine lists.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
I'm wondering if UA made changes to its international premium cabin wine provisioning and waited to deplete existing stocks before rolling out a different program as of 1/1/14, evidenced by the new wine list(s).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.