Community
Wiki Posts
Search

P Fares on BF Marketed Segments

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2013, 10:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by GITU
I booked a first/biz fare to San Juan (via IAH) in P but the website didn't show the 1.5 EQMs. I called the 1k number 4 times, each time, less helpful than the last.

Am I not going to get the 1.5 EQMs bonus?
FWIW, I've purchased P fares twice this year, and in both situations, I received the 1.5 EQMs after the flights, and yes, before the flight, the reservation doesn't indicate you will.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 10:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA1k, AmEx Plat, Global Entry & Pre✓
Thanks!
Old Oct 1, 2013, 10:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
In most cases, united.com only shows actual flight distances now. They've removed most calculations related to milage accrual (probably because they were horribly unreliable). You just have to look at your booking code and figure it out yourself using the earning charts (and even then it's tricky when there are codeshares involved). If your flight is on UA metal, then you'll earn the 50% bonus in P.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Sykes
In most cases, united.com only shows actual flight distances now. They've removed most calculations related to milage accrual (probably because they were horribly unreliable). You just have to look at your booking code and figure it out yourself using the earning charts (and even then it's tricky when there are codeshares involved). If your flight is on UA metal, then you'll earn the 50% bonus in P.
Okay, thanks. I wasn't flying for awhile due to having cancer, but UA generously gave me 1k after not flying for 1.5 years. So, I'm just relearning the ropes...
Old Oct 1, 2013, 10:23 am

It sounds like you need to figure out if it is a real P or a false P.

COdbaUA has become notorious about a bait and switch technique in which they sell P fares but they don't give P credit because they retroactively claim that even though it was sold as a P fare, it's in fact, not a P fare.

Can you find the fare basis and/or fare class codes?

The other wonderful "flier friendly" feature is that they basically make it impossible to look these up after the fact and incredibly hard to find at time of booking.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by mitchmu

COdbaUA has become notorious about a bait and switch technique in which they sell P fares but they don't give P credit because they retroactively claim that even though it was sold as a P fare, it's in fact, not a P fare.

The other wonderful "flier friendly" feature is that they basically make it impossible to look these up after the fact and incredibly hard to find at time of booking.
Interesting. At booking, I specified P fare class.

I found where it says P. You have to click "view receipt" on your reservation. Here's a screenshot, am I safe?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8494936/united.png
Old Oct 1, 2013, 10:50 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis First
P Class Bonus ... Similar Situation

Hi All,

I am in similar situation and want to make sure UA provides bonus EQM. Here is my fare basis from Soudi Airlines Website (you can only learn this on FT)!!

FARE BASIS: PNN4A9SN
FARE CLASS: P

I don't think this is any kind of UP fare but just wanted to confirm. Thanks.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 11:14 am

Programs: AA/AS/UA; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by denuaflier
Hi All,

I am in similar situation and want to make sure UA provides bonus EQM. Here is my fare basis from Soudi Airlines Website (you can only learn this on FT)!!

You'll get the bonus EQM, as your fare basis starts with "P" and is therefore a true P fare.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Preferred, Hertz PC, Hyatt Discoverist , Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by GITU
Interesting. At booking, I specified P fare class.

I found where it says P. You have to click "view receipt" on your reservation. Here's a screenshot, am I safe?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8494936/united.png
That is just the booking class so it's not exactly what you are looking for. I just checked fares for all the P booking classes on EF for your dates and they all show a P fare basis so you should be good.

PNN4A9SN UA P
PNN0A9SN UA P
PNN7A9SN UA P
PNN3A9SN UA P
Old Oct 1, 2013, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by JDS747
That is just the booking class so it's not exactly what you are looking for. I just checked fares for all the P booking classes on EF for your dates and they all show a P fare basis so you should be good.

PNN4A9SN UA P Round-Trip 598.00(USD) B
PNN0A9SN UA P Round-Trip 616.00(USD) B
PNN7A9SN UA P Round-Trip 704.00(USD) B
PNN3A9SN UA P Round-Trip 862.00(USD) B
Okay, thanks.

denuaflier, where did you find that information? (for further reference)
Old Oct 1, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis First
I found it on www.saudiairlines.com - click on manage my bookings and enter your 016 ticket number!!

You would think United will give us access to this information.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by denuaflier
Hi All,

"FARE CLASS" is what UA uses for determining credit. Unfortunately, there are bugs in the system and if you encounter one you'll have a heck of a time getting proper credit because many agents are poorly informed as well. Having said that, I've been successful in getting credit for -UP fares even when I encountered initial resistance.

If you see P (or Z, D, etc.) on the site, then you'll get credit for P with two exceptions that I know of: 1) if you purchase an upgrade after ticketing the bonus will depend on how that upgrade is purchased ... but if it's P from the start, you're ok, and 2) if the flight is a codeshare you'll be paid based on the operating carrier's fare basis (which is opaque on UA's website).
Old Oct 1, 2013, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM | Marriott LTT | National Car EE
hi, FYI to OP, see this thread from last week! still unresolved for moi but apparently an open question with some attention being paid to it internally.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-segments.html
Old Oct 1, 2013, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by eleeut
hi, FYI to OP, see this thread from last week! still unresolved for moi but apparently an open question with some attention being paid to it internally.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-segments.html
sounds like an isolated problem. My last 6 segments in P have credited correctly. The BOS-SJU fare the OP has purchased is a true P fare and should not be an issue.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 6:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mitchmu

Recently, a business class sale was posted in the Good Deals thread booking in P but the fare code is QNN4R9LS.
Unless someone is going to take UA to court, this deceptive marketing/bait and switch will continue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.