Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Use of UC Conference Room when UC overcrowded

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum

In EWR Terminal A UC. With all the fog delays, it's packed in here. People on the floor, people sitting on counters, crowding the bar, and just standing around. They stopped selling day passes about an hour ago to stop the crowding, but I'm wondering how far over-capacity this place already is.

Here's a hint if you find yourself in this position. Once all the seats are taken (including the work cubicles) the UC agents can open the Conference Room for additional seating at no charge. You have to ask, though. I did, and I'm now sitting at the conference table with 6 other laptop wielding members.

There's one seat left if you're here and need a seat. I'm sending out for pizza soon, while I wait for my 3+ hour delayed flight.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
If your case I'd almost rather pay the rental fee for the room and have it to myself.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
I'm sending out for pizza soon, while I wait for my 3+ hour delayed flight.
Is outside food allowed in the conference room ? :-)
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
I used to see this a lot in IAH C-South.

Then I cancelled my club membership and now I use the wine bar immediately across from the UC instead.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
oh shoot was EWR that bad? i flew out of JFK on a noon p.s. flight and everything seemed to be leaving on time for the most part, didn't know it was that bad. the fog was pretty crazy when taking off i remember though, even before lifting off the runway, you couldn't see anything out the window. at around 1000 feet you could see this giant sheet of fog and new york was somewhere under there...
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott P, SPG G
Originally Posted by TommyC80
If your case I'd almost rather pay the rental fee for the room and have it to myself.
How much does the rental cost?
Old Dec 6, 2013, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by cyanchan15
How much does the rental cost?
They said it was $75/hour for UC Members, $100/hour for non-members. Interestingly if you want to see the price on the Web site, you actually have to start to book a room (and sign in) to see the quote. I can't ever imagine spending that much. CO used to be $35/hour IIRC, and that was a fair amount when you wanted to make a business call in private or just wanted to get away from a crowd.

It was fine working at the table with other people. Sort of like sitting in a hotel lobby or coffee shop, but a lot quieter. Whenever someone made a call, they walked outside the room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.