Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

IAH gates are only determined day of departure?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2013, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold

I've long noticed the trend that gates at IAH are not fixed until day of departure. For example, I have three flights tomorrow, going through IAH-ORD-EWR. Arrival and departure gates at ORD and EWR are already posted on united.com now, but the gates at IAH are not listed. Is there a common trend? Any reason the gates at IAH are not posted early? Thanks!
Old Jul 9, 2013, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by lixiaojuventus
I've long noticed the trend that gates at IAH are not fixed until day of departure. For example, I have three flights tomorrow, going through IAH-ORD-EWR. Arrival and departure gates at ORD and EWR are already posted on united.com now, but the gates at IAH are not listed. Is there a common trend? Any reason the gates at IAH are not posted early? Thanks!
Gate assignments don't start until 24 hours out and even then they change constantly, not assigned, re-assigned, etc.. Nothing unusual here.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by UnitedFlyGuy
Gate assignments don't start until 24 hours out and even then they change constantly, not assigned, re-assigned, etc.. Nothing unusual here.
Ok, I'm just curious, as I've seen numerous times that gates at other airports are posted quite far out on united.com, but IAH gates are only posted very close to the flights.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 1:38 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I've long noticed the trend that gates at IAH are not fixed until day of departure. ....
For the past couple of years, the gate assignment for SFO I got at T-3 hour flights status were nearly 100% changed by departure. Lately it has only been 1/3 or sore correct.

gate assignments are very dynamic at most airports that have more than a few gates.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Ok, I'm just curious, as I've seen numerous times that gates at other airports are posted quite far out on united.com, but IAH gates are only posted very close to the flights.
LAX will post gate assignments a couple of days out, but a lot of 'em change subsequently. IAH doesn't post usually until early a.m., and they still sometimes change.

I don't rely on either. I check the flight boards after clearing security or on arrival after connecting flight.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 3:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
There's zero value in advance gate assignment. They change all the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.