Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Upgrade list says Booked 15 Checked In 23 ???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade list says Booked 15 Checked In 23 ???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2013, 12:09 am
mkr
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Question Upgrade list says Booked 15 Checked In 23 ???

This is a new one for me. I'm tracking Upgrades SEA-ANC. The flight for tonight, June 29, UA 565, shows in the Upgrade list Capacity 24 Booked 15 Checked in 23. What is this? Why do more show checked in than booked? SHARES problems again?

Everyone check the flights you are watching and see if this problem shows up for other flights.

Last edited by mkr; Jun 30, 2013 at 12:30 pm Reason: typo fix, clarity added , bolding
Old Jun 30, 2013, 12:22 am

The EUAs have run and people have been upgraded.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Yet another glitch. SHARES or UA.sux? Who knows.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 12:28 am

Not an error

15 psgrs booked
8 psgrs have been upgraded
----------------------------------
23 have checked in (15+8=23)
1 seat open
-----------------------------------

24 total seats
Old Jun 30, 2013, 12:33 am
mkr
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Originally Posted by sfogate
The EUAs have run and people have been upgraded.
Once the persons are upgraded, should not the "Booked" entry increase for each person that is upgraded?

Last edited by mkr; Jun 30, 2013 at 12:50 am Reason: spellin'
Old Jun 30, 2013, 12:36 am

Programs: UA MP/UC - "RIP Tulip Plat"
Originally Posted by mkr
Once they persons are upgraded, should not the "Booked" entry increase for each person that is upgraded?
Yes which is what usually happens. Not sure what happened here.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 12:46 am
mkr
Suspended
Original Poster

Not an error

15 psgrs booked
1 seat open

24 total seats
Originally Posted by mkr
Once the persons are upgraded, should not the "Booked" entry increase for each person that is upgraded?
sfogate there were 14 persons on the Cleared Upgrade list. Add 15 "booked" as you suggest, and that makes 29...5 more persons than the 24 seats in First. And the flight left with one empty seat in First!

Oops, I forgot, this is UA's state-of-the-art "SCARES" COMPUTER SYSTEM. The same system that 15 months after the merger cannot consistently process CPUs or upgrade Companions of Premier members consistently.

"Is this any way to run an airline?" (Old National Airlines commercial).

Last edited by mkr; Jun 30, 2013 at 1:57 am Reason: spellin', addin'
Old Jun 30, 2013, 4:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mkr
sfogate there were 14 persons on the Cleared Upgrade list. Add 15 "booked" as you suggest, and that makes 29...5 more persons than the 24 seats in First. And the flight left with one empty seat in First!
But the cleared list will show instrument/mileage upgrades, CPUs prior to T-24, CPUs from the airport list and NRSAs. I would imagine that one of those groups were cleared onto the flight but may have not been processed properly to show as 'booked'. I've had CPUs where my upgrade was simply written on my BP, I imagine I didn't show as booked but was cleared.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 8:55 am
mkr
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alex_b
But the cleared list will show instrument/mileage upgrades, CPUs prior to T-24, CPUs from the airport list and NRSAs. I would imagine that one of those groups were cleared onto the flight but may have not been processed properly to show as 'booked'. I've had CPUs where my upgrade was simply written on my BP, I imagine I didn't show as booked but was cleared.
Thanks alex_b. I know that all types of upgrades get listed there in the Cleared Upgrade list. But even the GA needs to enter something into the computer for record-keeping. They have to turn in reports to their managers.

I really think there is some glitch in the SHARES system where passengers go to look at the cleared Upgrade lists ("Flight Status and Information" link on UA.com) so that the information is not showing properly. As I have been watching some other upgrade lists since I noticed this on 6/29, I have noticed this same aberration appear.

I have watched upgrade lists many times and have never seen this type of information displayed before.

Last edited by mkr; Jun 30, 2013 at 9:02 am Reason: clarity
Old Jun 30, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mkr
Thanks alex_b. I know that all types of upgrades get listed there in the Cleared Upgrade list. But even the GA needs to enter something into the computer for record-keeping. They have to turn in reports to their managers.

I really think there is some glitch in the SHARES system where passengers go to look at the cleared Upgrade lists ("Flight Status and Information" link on UA.com) so that the information is not showing properly. As I have been watching some other upgrade lists since I noticed this on 6/29, I have noticed this same aberration appear.

I have watched upgrade lists many times and have never seen this type of information displayed before.
I suspect it's something funny about it being a continuing flight number from IAH-SEA-ANC, the cleared list from last night doesn't add up on the first segment either.

Tonights flights seem to be back to adding up properly.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 10:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It's lap seating. Only full fare passengers get their own seats
Old Jun 30, 2013, 11:34 am
mkr
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mkr

Originally Posted by alex_b
I suspect it's something funny about it being a continuing flight number from IAH-SEA-ANC, the cleared list from last night doesn't add up on the first segment either.

Tonights flights seem to be back to adding up properly.
I checked the list again this morning for last night's 6/29 flight and it shows the flight was cancelled. However, I still had the information saved in another window. Two of the passengers listed as cleared into First for last night's flight show up on the Upgrade Standby list for today 6/30 12:30 flight. I guess it was indeed cancelled. I do not know what happened to the other passengers from last night's flight...perhaps booked on other airlines.

Everyone, check the Upgrade lists for the flights you are watching and see if this aberration of the discrepancy between booked and checked in shows up on any of your flights and please report back to the community.

Last edited by mkr; Jun 30, 2013 at 12:33 pm Reason: bolding
Old Jun 30, 2013, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Not an error

15 psgrs booked
1 seat open

24 total seats
"Booked" always includes upgrades IME...
Old Jul 7, 2013, 4:44 pm
mkr
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
"Booked" always includes upgrades IME...
I have watched several other night flights from SEA-ANC since I originally posted this information. It has occurred a couple of other times that more "checked-in" show up for First Class than booked.

I still wonder if there is a SHARES problem? Has anyone else seen this aberration of more checked in than booked for First Class?
Old Jul 7, 2013, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Could this have to do with the fact that the SEA-ANC flight continues on from Houston? Maybe the "15" booked only represents those with tickets reflecting SEA-ANC, and doesn't count those with tickets booked for IAH-ANC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.