Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA at the bottom in the 2013 JD Power Rankings.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2013, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT

http://www.jdpower.com/consumer-rati...tudy/index.htm

Let the defense and attacks begin.

p.s. I think this is about right, although UA has stated it is going to increase fee income, so perhaps next year it will edge out US....
Old May 15, 2013, 6:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
it's tied with US Airways, AirTran, Frontier, and WestJet ... they won't feel alone down there
Old May 15, 2013, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
I don't understand why this is news. Most of us aren't surprised. Good job Jeff - I would really like to hear him in his welcome video actually tell the truth for once. I think the video should start with "I declare under the penalty of perjury.."
Old May 15, 2013, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 787fan
it's tied with US Airways, AirTran, Frontier, and WestJet ... they won't feel alone down there
You are wrong. UAs score was 641, US (due mostly to fees) was 630, lowest of the discount airlines was AirTran at 705.

US and UA were substantially below that. AA was 660 (full service airlines almost all ranked lower than discounters, but that may have to do with expectations) and it was the next lowest.
Old May 15, 2013, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Hmm... I understand that Alaska Air isn't a perfect match for most (or anyone) here but I status matched over to them in Jan, 2013. Zero regrets even though most days I end up flying DL. UA just got way too complacent for me over the last 2 years. Wish Larry was still around.

Oh yeah, they topped the JD Power list released today for traditional carriers. Six years in a row. Time to reward those that put forth the effort.
Old May 15, 2013, 6:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by spin88
You are wrong. UAs score was 641, US (due mostly to fees) was 630, lowest of the discount airlines was AirTran at 705.

US and UA were substantially below that. AA was 660 (full service airlines almost all ranked lower than discounters, but that may have to do with expectations) and it was the next lowest.
They're all a "2" for power circle ratings

And AA is below DL, so those who proclaim "AA is the greatest" is clearing living inside ivory towers
Old May 15, 2013, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
And AA is below DL, so those who proclaim "AA is the greatest" is clearing living inside ivory towers
While not the greatest, it's IMO the best domestic experience + FFP in tandem these days
Old May 15, 2013, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by spin88
http://www.jdpower.com/consumer-rati...tudy/index.htm

Let the defense and attacks begin.

p.s. I think this is about right, although UA has stated it is going to increase fee income, so perhaps next year it will edge out US....
How could UA be at the bottom, but then edge out US? So UA is near the bottom? Is it defensive if I correct you?
Old May 15, 2013, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
While not the greatest, it's IMO the best domestic experience + FFP in tandem these days
+1. Delta definitely feels fresher for the non status pax (which is obviously the majority) but for the elite FF, AA seems better to me.
Old May 15, 2013, 7:50 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B350 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Without a doubt. EXP >>>> 1K by a mile
Old May 15, 2013, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by aacharya
How could UA be at the bottom, but then edge out US? So UA is near the bottom? Is it defensive if I correct you?
It is easily argued that 2nd last is also the bottom.

I can really nitpick too, and argue that United was indeed at the bottom of the physical list.
Old May 15, 2013, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
why let facts get in the way of a good COnspiracy.
Old May 15, 2013, 8:04 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier Executive
PMCO policies have led to the bad experience for the customer at the new United. United Air Lines would have been in much better shape if they would have merged with USAirways. Continental was faltering in the mid to late 2000s and have brought their poor policies to this new airline which is highly unpopular among the travelers today. United needs new leadership to help the come out of this downfall.
Old May 15, 2013, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by murphyUA
It is easily argued that 2nd last is also the bottom.

I can really nitpick too, and argue that United was indeed at the bottom of the physical list.
Anything can be easily argued here. But doesn't make it accurate. 2nd to last is not the bottom, especially with such a small sample pool.

Note that the OP noted "rankings" not the "physical" list. The physical list is sorted (shockingly!!!) alphabetically after the winner - did you not notice that? Best to nitpick when you're accurate about something.
Old May 15, 2013, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by njcommodore
why let facts get in the way of a good COnspiracy.
hmmm, I said "p.s. I think this is about right, although UA has stated it is going to increase fee income, so perhaps next year it will edge out US...."

Perhaps the subtlety of my comment was lost on both of you (or you did not read the rankings).... Since UA is going to increase its fee income, perhaps next year they will edge out US for the BOTTOM of the rankings... [UA got a 3 for fees this year, US got a 2, lower being worse]

Given that Parker has made a big point of saying that they are going to improve service, and US has been increasing service levels, and UA is cutting both, I actually think its probably a given that UA will lap US in the bad bad airline department next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.