Wiki Posts
Search

Loads On UA 920 -- Saturday 5/11?

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2013, 7:28 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Loads On UA 920 -- Saturday 5/11?

I'm flying out on UA 920 tomorrow (IAH-LHR). Can anyone here tell me what the loads look like in Y?

Thanks!
Old May 10, 2013, 7:37 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cslovacek
I'm flying out on UA 920 tomorrow (IAH-LHR). Can anyone here tell me what the loads look like in Y?

Thanks!
The entire flight is full.
Old May 10, 2013, 7:39 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick reply. Wow. Kinda surprised given it's a Saturday.. So much for snagging a middle row and taking a snooze
Old May 10, 2013, 7:47 am

Thanks for the quick reply. Wow. Kinda surprised given it's a Saturday.. So much for snagging a middle row and taking a snooze
Flights to London in the summer are busy. The other two IAH-LHR flights on Saturday have 1 and 2 Y seat left respectively.
Old May 10, 2013, 7:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by sammyindc
Flights to London in the summer are busy. The other two IAH-LHR flights on Saturday have 1 and 2 Y seat left respectively.
Is it summer yet? Cool!
Old May 10, 2013, 7:55 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
The reservation fare bucket availability can be found by using "Expert Mode" of United's website. From that, one can make a reasonable guess as to the passenger load.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...cket-data.html

The actual passenger load is proprietary information that is not normally shared with the public.
Old May 10, 2013, 8:47 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks FlyinHawaiin.

I realize this is not known to the public. my goal was to have someone who works for UA check the computers to see. Looks like my flight is completely full with only a few seats left on the later 2 flights.

Have a great day!
Old May 10, 2013, 9:00 am

Thanks FlyinHawaiin.

I realize this is not known to the public. my goal was to have someone who works for UA check the computers to see. Looks like my flight is completely full with only a few seats left on the later 2 flights.

Have a great day!
You can easily check the flight availability by either using expert mode or flight status. If you look at the flight status of 920 for 5/11 you'll see that each cabin is full.

UA will never publicly disclose loads of any flights - but you can make some assumptions based on what you see online.
Old May 10, 2013, 11:26 am
Suspended
Original Poster

How do I use "Expert Mode"? Is it an app? a website?

Thanks for your help.
Old May 10, 2013, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, HH Diamond
How do I use "Expert Mode"? Is it an app? a website?

Thanks for your help.
It is a setting under Flight Search Preferences in your user profile on United.com. If you set it, when you do a flight reservation search you can click on the "Fare Class" and it will show the number of seats available (up to 9) in each fare class.

However in your particular case the flight would not have even shown up because it is full in all cabins, which itself would have answered your question since they aren't selling any more seats.
Old May 10, 2013, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by musing
It is a setting under Flight Search Preferences in your user profile on United.com. If you set it, when you do a flight reservation search you can click on the "Fare Class" and it will show the number of seats available (up to 9) in each fare class.

However in your particular case the flight would not have even shown up because it is full in all cabins, which itself would have answered your question since they aren't selling any more seats.
OP - PLEASE do not use "Expert Mode" until you read what it can and cannot do, and what it means when fare classes are open, but fares in those classes are not available.
Old May 10, 2013, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by musing

Originally Posted by aacharya
OP - PLEASE do not use "Expert Mode" until you read what it can and cannot do, and what it means when fare classes are open, but fares in those classes are not available.
Agreed ^...should have included that in my post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.