Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Y Reward trip to FRA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2013, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier Silver
Ended up booking it from EWR and not going to visit ATL. My itinerary is the following:

7/8
UA 253 EWR-ORD PMUA 752
UA 907 ORD-FRA PMUA 772

Return

7/15
UA 945 FRA-ORD PMUA 772
UA 243 ORD-EWR PMUA 320

As mentioned earlier, would someone please confirm that with Silver status, that I would be eligible for E+? Is that just for the domestic portion or is ORD-FRA eligible as well?

What are the chances of getting E+? As of now I have no seat assignment for ORD-FRA. (There are no more E- Seats.)

Thanks!!
Old Jun 30, 2013, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
E+ at T-24

FYI there's award space on the 7/8 LH EWR-FRA nonstop in both Y and F. Or on either UA EWR-FRA nonstop in Y. Any reason for the ORD stop each way?
Old Jun 30, 2013, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by daganderson
As mentioned earlier, would someone please confirm that with Silver status, that I would be eligible for E+? Is that just for the domestic portion or is ORD-FRA eligible as well?

What are the chances of getting E+? As of now I have no seat assignment for ORD-FRA. (There are no more E- Seats.)

Thanks!!
With UA Silver Status you should be able to assign yourself a seat 24 hours before the flight on both domestic and International flights if there are seats available. 907 on 7/2 has most of E+ unassigned so I'd say chances are good you can snag a seat, especially if you log on to the website right at T-24 hours to assign your seat. I wouldn't wait too long after T-24. UA has a mobile app you can use too.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 5:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
E+ at T-24

FYI there's award space on the 7/8 LH EWR-FRA nonstop in both Y and F. Or on either UA EWR-FRA nonstop in Y. Any reason for the ORD stop each way?
As a Silver they would be hit up for Fees, thats a good reason if I was flying to keep to what I had, also if they went for F theyd be hit for redepositing fees and then another fee to tkt the new award

This is why I wont go below Plat or maybe even bite the bullet and keep my 1K.I do a tremendous amount of changing my award tkts and going forward its gonna add up very fast. Once I use up my Ms of miles then I can start to look to see if there are any greener pastures
Old Jun 30, 2013, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
E+ at T-24

When I booked it EWR-FRA was unavailable. Also I'd rather go to ORD for the 777 than take the 757 from EWR to FRA.

As FRA-EWR goes. The only available flight available for the return was FRA-ORD-EWR
Old Jul 7, 2013, 10:35 am
Original Poster

In EWR, should I check in, in the International ticketing or Domestic?

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 7, 2013 at 2:17 pm Reason: off-topic
Old Jul 7, 2013, 1:49 pm

I would avoid any aircraft that's coming out of SFO. You will miss your connection in ORD. Use an SDC option to switch to an earlier flight to ORD. (Or switch to a non-stop if it is available.)

I don't mind EWR, but my pet peeve is that there are no clear signs that direct you to the appropriate place to check in. There are signs for upper level check-in and mid-level check-in, but no explanation as to which level you should choose, and what's where on each level. To answer your question, you're silver, so just go to the Premier check-in area on the mid-level. They accept domestic and international baggage.

Be sure to check in at home, at T-24, to get the seat you want. You may not get a boarding pass, because it's an international flight, but you do want to use OLCI to get your E+ seat.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 7:55 pm

Programs: One or two :)
I was told once that if any part of my itinerary includes an international segment, even if not the first flight - to check in at international anyway. It should not make too much difference in reality though.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 10:49 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
does not really matter -- if the first segment is domestic, either can work.

At SFO, they highly discourage domestic only itins at international check-in, have heard it is difficult for bags to be sent to the domestic bag system for the international check-in. That may be a SFO specific issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.