Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premier gifting?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2013, 12:00 am
Original Poster

Premier gifting?

I imagine this is an easy answer for most of you, but after searching the forums and Google, all I could find was a thread from 2006.

Does Premier gifting exist? I'm currently a DL loyalist, but my boss wants me to switch to United so traveling for us is easier. She's Premier 1K and said that if I could figure out how, she would gift me status.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 12:10 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by veganist
.... Does Premier gifting exist? ....
in general, nope, not for a number of years

Any Million Miler can gift their status to an individual (usually intended for their spouse / family member / .... same mailing address)

However, look into MileagePlus Premier Status Match Challenge
Old Dec 19, 2013, 6:57 am

She could book you on enough flights to cover the mileage requirements for status and then pay the premier award accelerator on all of them. It's probably only be 15-20k. Though i have not checked if it has been answered that premier accelerator miles count as qualification dollars.

somehow i don't think that is type of gift she would be looking to give.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 7:07 am

Programs: AC100K, Delta Plat, Nat EX EL, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, NEXUS
Originally Posted by veganist
I imagine this is an easy answer for most of you, but after searching the forums and Google, all I could find was a thread from 2006.

Does Premier gifting exist? I'm currently a DL loyalist, but my boss wants me to switch to United so traveling for us is easier. She's Premier 1K and said that if I could figure out how, she would gift me status.
If you plan on doing some travel in the first quarter of 2014, the status match option is definitely worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.