Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how to book y-up on United's website?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2013, 8:29 am
Original Poster

how to book y-up on United's website?

i did a search and couldnt find the dummy guide to booking y-ups.

Can someone point me in the right direction or do I just put a specific class of service in the advanced search option?

thanks.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 8:34 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Preferred, Hertz PC, Hyatt Discoverist , Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by elbejt2
Can someone point me in the right direction or do I just put a specific class of service in the advanced search option?.
That is what I do. If there is another way I don't know it. That's how I book W class for GPUs too.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by elbejt2
i did a search and couldnt find the dummy guide to booking y-ups.

Can someone point me in the right direction or do I just put a specific class of service in the advanced search option?

thanks.
You no longer need a specific fare basis code for free instant upgrades, but merely need to book in Y, B, or M (depending on whether or not you are 1K), and then select the instant upgrade function on the displayed itinerary after purchase. So yes, just enter Y in the advanced search if you're not 1K.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 8:51 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
If you want the various Y-up fares, search for first or business class. If a-UP fare is available, it will be in the results, most likely showing A or P as the fare code. These are generally far cheaper than Y/B/M fares but (except when used in TOD buyups) have 21 day advance purchase requirements.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 9:23 am
Original Poster

thanks very much for the clear answers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.