Wiki Posts
Search

CO-UA forum integration plans

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
CO-UA forum integration plans

I am curious about the integration plans for the UA and CO forums.

Not so much the large body of existing threads, but there are a number of threads that have continued relevance and would benefit from exposure in the consolidated forum.

My leading examples (and there are no doubt many others):

The various threads on "where to sit on XXX plane". Many are in the parent forum, but some are in the subforums:

Example: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...it-crj700.html

It would be useful to have all such threads, for both pmUA and pmCO aircraft in the main forum.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
There's something going on I don't understand. The ongoing threads in the permerger forums relate almost entirely to ongoing merged airline issues... where to sit on 777s, where to clear customs, etc.

Can any of the mods explain what is the deal?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mduell
There's something going on I don't understand. The ongoing threads in the permerger forums relate almost entirely to ongoing merged airline issues... where to sit on 777s, where to clear customs, etc.

Can any of the mods explain what is the deal?
The mods have already explained this recently.

The planes are still different - FAs and pilots are not merged. Hence two forums for now.

I'm okay with this as well - though UnitedFAQ needs to start populating that thread.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by aacharya

The planes are still different - FAs and pilots are not merged. Hence two forums for now.
Sure, but some of the threads are in the merged forum (777Q) and some are not. If there's any possibility of confusion, the thread can be (re)named (e.g.) "Where to Sit on a pmUA 77Q"

My view is that threads relating to post-merger operations should generally be in the consolidated forum, even if they were started before the merger. If it relates purely to a pre-merger issue (i.e., many, many old threads) there is no need to move them.

the mods could even do this on an ad hoc basis - if there's a new post in an old pre-merger thread, move it to the consolidate forum (assuming it relates to current operations).
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by drewguy
Sure, but some of the threads are in the merged forum (777Q) and some are not. If there's any possibility of confusion, the thread can be (re)named (e.g.) "Where to Sit on a pmUA 77Q"

My view is that threads relating to post-merger operations should generally be in the consolidated forum, even if they were started before the merger. If it relates purely to a pre-merger issue (i.e., many, many old threads) there is no need to move them.

the mods could even do this on an ad hoc basis - if there's a new post in an old pre-merger thread, move it to the consolidate forum (assuming it relates to current operations).
Mods are doing this when asked (a recent example is ua1flyer's thread in pmUA). Personally, I think all of the "Where to sit" should be shelved and started anew - as plane mods have changed it all.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by aacharya
Mods are doing this when asked
Not IME.

Also, while the planes are different they are all part of the same loyalty program (which is what the forum is based on) and the vast majority of things are common across the two halves.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:08 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Similar question - same answer.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...me-forums.html

iluv2fly
Moderator, UA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.