Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

I un-delayed my flight by 30 Minutes but...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I un-delayed my flight by 30 Minutes but...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Talking I un-delayed my flight by 30 Minutes but...

Was flying out of LGA Monday. I got a page about 3 hours before departure saying my flight was delayed due to inbound aircraft (even though my app says the flight was just a few minutes late). I got to LGA early to see what my optiions were - they did not look good, the flights before/after were either delayed or cancelled.

When I got to the check in agent, I asked her why the flight is delayed since my data shows that the inbound aircraft was in the air from DEN and would get in with enough time to turn around the 738. She looked on the system and made a phone call. Then she said: it is fixed, they made a mistake and it is on-time.

A few minutes later, I got a page reflecting that ^ and the flight did depart on-time.

I thought it was cool that she was able to call the right person (she said Ops in LGA) to fix it. She said the Ops LGA would then contact the Ops in CHI to get it fixed and it was fixed.

However, that got me thinking. It is strange that their system does not do any checks to see if a mistake has been made. I wonder what would have happened if I did not bring this up - probably the mistake will get fixed much later (like when the inbound shows up at the gate and they realize the flight can leave on time)?

Thanks.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 6:37 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by username
...I got a page about 3 hours before departure...
They still make pagers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.