Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United showing different award availability for different accounts w/ NO STATUS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:35 am
Original Poster

If I check SFO-HNL July 12 with my account there is availability on the 930am and 700pm flights. If I check with my brother's account there is no availability. If I check while signed out there is also no availability. There are also examples of this ORD-SFO on 7/12.

I have heard that if you have status there may be more availability. But neither account has status. Only difference I can see is that I do not have enough miles to redeem and my brother does. Is UA opening up seats for mileage deficient accounts in hopes that you buy miles? Is UA giving me additional availability for some other reason?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
well if you look at the fare class avaliability, the 0930, 1040, and 1900 flights should be bookable for elite (XN) avaliability. The X fare class is 0 on those, hence not why you cant do saver for those ones as a non-elite

not sure what level you have to be at to book XN (I can as a 1K) but thats gotta be it.....

saver looks avaliable for the 840, and 1605 flights that day only, and neither for the 1040...
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:45 am

Programs: AADULtArer
See thread on fare buckets....indeed, on a segment-by-segment basis fare buckets show different values based on itinerary, so it isnt much of a stretch that could be different on user profile...
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by whitethunder
well if you look at the fare class avaliability, the 0930, 1040, and 1900 flights should be bookable for elite (XN) avaliability. The X fare class is 0 on those, hence not why you cant do saver for those ones as a non-elite

not sure what level you have to be at to book XN (I can as a 1K) but thats gotta be it.....
Yeah but my point is that I have no status but I can see availability on those flights.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by hindukid
Yeah but my point is that I have no status but I can see availability on those flights.
Do you have a co-branded CC? I'm pretty sure that some of the cards offer access to XN as a pseudo-elite benefit.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
Do you have a co-branded CC? I'm pretty sure that some of the cards offer access to XN as a pseudo-elite benefit.
Yes. I do have the CO Mastercard. I think that must be the reason. Interesting as I never knew this was a benefit to the card. Been thinking of canceling and this is something to consider.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by hindukid
Yes. I do have the CO Mastercard. I think that must be the reason. Interesting as I never knew this was a benefit to the card. Been thinking of canceling and this is something to consider.
I believe that this is a relatively new benefit.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
They do, and it's the other way around. CC holders are the real elites, we are all pseudos

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.