Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

gettting seats on Thai airways-flights booked on united

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 13, 2016, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Originally Posted by cyborg
Thai redesigned the booking page recently, so now you should find the seat selection option located on a different page. Try this:

1) navigate to the booking through the "Manage My Booking" tab and move the cursor over to the "My Booking" box on the left. If you have trouble entering the booking code and last name into the box you can try this link

http://www.thaiairways.com/en/Manage..._Booking.page?

2) When the booking page appears scroll down almost to the bottom of the page and look for the dark blue banner "Services Details" and select the button " Additional Services". This should bring up another page titled "2. Book - Choose services"

3) Under the heading "flight special requests"" Select the button "Seatmap - Select your seat".

Note: There should also be a button for "Meal - select your preference meal" if you are interested, but back to the seat selection process.

4) A seatmap popup box should appear with tabs for each segment showing the current seat selection on a seatmap. When you have selected a seat you confirm to close the box and then select continue on the right.

Note: Be advised that sometimes this feature will not function correctly after you have selected seats. In my experience it always works the first time, then as I get to within a week of the trip it seems to show the seats, but not accept changes or in some cases doesn't show the seatmap for one or more segments. However, in these cases all my seats have been properly reserved and show correctly on the BP at check-in.

You can use the link that JVPhoto provided as well, but I believe that takes you to the Pre Order Meal page which doesn't provide an option for seat changes. Not to worry as there is a "My Booking" tab on the left that goes to the page you are looking for.

Cheers,

-Cyborg
Print Wikipost

gettting seats on Thai airways-flights booked on united

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:01 pm

Programs: United Gold
The best way to get seats is to call.

I called TG's LAX office today to confirm seats on my upcoming trip. I got THE BEST AGENT I have ever had on a phone call for ANY product/service I have ever used. We talked for quite a while after she confirmed my seats and made sure I had Lobster Thermidor as my meal in first on the A380-800 ^

I haven't even stepped on the plane yet and TG is firing on all thrusters. I wish I could say the same for UA.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 4:56 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by astroflyer
That sounds like Thailand. They're quite responsive and full of smiles whether they're helping you or not
+1
I've been flying Thai off & on for close to 3 decades. I've burned a lot of miles this year on award F flights TG/LH IAH-SGN. One one I had a missed connection in BKK bec my SGN-BKK flight had 2 rejected take-offs before going mechanical. TG rebooked me in UA C. They were adamant: this is all that is available. KVS told me otherwise. When confronted with the evidence they rebooked me LH F BKK-FRA-IAH.

This trip my luggage didn't connect from UA to TG in CDG. Again, an award F flight. When I arrived in SGN I got a call (next morning) from the local TG office: please come get your $300 compensation for your trouble. I explained that my luggage had been delivered. I jumped on my motorcycle & rode down to TG's office & collected $300. I didn't expect that at all. I was just happy to have my luggage (& wine!)

I really like TG. If they still had F class to LAX I'd leave UA. But I think they'll never return to LAX with F (unless royals & military insist.)

Originally Posted by love_to_travel
We talked for quite a while after she confirmed my seats and made sure I had Lobster Thermidor as my meal in first on the A380-800
If you've not flown on TG's A380 be certain to enjoy the F lounge ahead of the cabin. If you drink champagne ask them to refill your Dom, sit, sip & enjoy the pleasure of it.

Btw, if you don't know, the AVOD is really buggy. Don't be surprised if it crawls to a halt then reboots.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Dec 12, 2013 at 5:21 am Reason: merge
Old Dec 12, 2013, 12:55 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Thanks for the Email tip! just got my locator
Old Dec 26, 2013, 1:22 am

emailed [email protected] with passenger info and thai replied with confirmation codes in 13 minutes.

are you reading this united?
Old Dec 26, 2013, 7:15 am

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
here's another way to get seats totally on-line...

Finally found the fully on-line route from a United award on Thai to seat assignment without calling. The Thai web site, under Check Booking, will now let you select seats ("Modify" when the record comes up) IF you have the Thai record locator number. However, that number isn't passed to United when an award is booked through UA. But, if your are booked in a premium cabin, you can go to the pre-order meal site (http://www.thaiair.com/TSCP_WR_PREM/view-trip.jsp) and it'll take your ticket number to find your flight. At that point, you'll also see the Thai locator number displayed. So, order your meal (or not) and then return to the main Thai site and select your seats. Did this last night for two trips in about 5 minutes per trip. And, surprising to me since Thai and United sites don't seem to be fully integrated, the seats showed up under my flights on the United site when I checked just a few minutes later.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Portolan
Finally found the fully on-line route from a United award on Thai to seat assignment without calling. The Thai web site, under Check Booking, will now let you select seats ("Modify" when the record comes up) IF you have the Thai record locator number.
This must be pretty new. Even when booking directly through the Thai site, it was not possible to select seat assignments online after booking. At least not the last time I attempted which was in October. Now if you could just do this with TK and AC (when booked elsewhere than their own site).
Old Jan 26, 2014, 6:14 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Finally found the fully on-line route from a United award on Thai to seat assignment without calling. The Thai web site, under Check Booking, will now let you select seats ("Modify" when the record comes up) IF you have the Thai record locator number. However, that number isn't passed to United when an award is booked through UA. But, if your are booked in a premium cabin, you can go to the pre-order meal site (http://www.thaiair.com/TSCP_WR_PREM/view-trip.jsp) and it'll take your ticket number to find your flight. At that point, you'll also see the Thai locator number displayed. So, order your meal (or not) and then return to the main Thai site and select your seats. Did this last night for two trips in about 5 minutes per trip. And, surprising to me since Thai and United sites don't seem to be fully integrated, the seats showed up under my flights on the United site when I checked just a few minutes later.
Interestingly, i was also able to select my seats on my asiana and EVA seats using this technique!! Definitely a much easier way for people flying in Asiana since their new website doesn't let you do it.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by exmike
Interestingly, i was also able to select my seats on my asiana and EVA seats using this technique!! Definitely a much easier way for people flying in Asiana since their new website doesn't let you do it.
How did you select the EVA seats? What website? Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2014, 6:57 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by lax2010
How did you select the EVA seats? What website? Thanks!
through the thai website. but i was also able to select them on the EVA website.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Awesome tip!!! ^
Old Jan 26, 2014, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by exmike
through the thai website. but i was also able to select them on the EVA website.
Interesting! Selecting EVA seat on the Thai website! Can hardy wait to give it a try.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 10:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Interesting! Selecting EVA seat on the Thai website! Can hardy wait to give it a try.
They all use Amadeus now. Also LH.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 1:40 am

Programs: UA, AA peon
Just used this technique to select seats for my split EVA/Thai itinerary and although I got a warning ("At least one of your specific seat requests could not be processed. (4631)") all requested seats are showing up on united.com now.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 5:07 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Finally found the fully on-line route from a United award on Thai to seat assignment without calling.
Worked for me, thanks! You get a big ^ for this one.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by lunettes noires
Just used this technique to select seats for my split EVA/Thai itinerary and although I got a warning ("At least one of your specific seat requests could not be processed. (4631)") all requested seats are showing up on united.com now.
Saw the similar 4631 error/warning and got the EVA and Thai but not Air China seat assignments even though all were selectable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.