Wiki Posts
Search

Global Services Invitations for 2013

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2012, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Platinum
Global Services Invitations for 2013

Just noticed my status changed from 1K to Global Services. Anyone else change over yet? I called and my packet is in the mail. I haven't seen a thread on this yet, so I hope I'm not duplicating.

My stats for 2012 are:
-$37K full spend, 95K miles
-$54K total spend, 190k total miles

I fly international out of EWR, and split domestic between EWR and PHL.

Good luck, everyone!
Old Dec 13, 2012, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Apparently I'm on the naughty list. No GS for me.

-RM
Old Dec 13, 2012, 9:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, I miss GS
Dangit! I am Plat but should be right on the line for GS based on my spend estimates ($48Kish +/- 2 or 3K), mostly M fare though out of IAH. Only 90K. Will it just show a status change on the United page?
Old Dec 13, 2012, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Wow, I'm surprised to see you made the initial qual at a non-competitve hub with that little spend. Congrats.

Originally Posted by matthopp
Dangit! I am Plat but should be right on the line for GS based on my spend estimates ($48Kish +/- 2 or 3K), mostly M fare though out of IAH. Only 90K. Will it just show a status change on the United page?
Do M fares qualify as full fare? I thought it was YB only for coach fares.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by Darconville
Just noticed my status changed from 1K to Global Services. Anyone else change over yet? I called and my packet is in the mail. I haven't seen a thread on this yet, so I hope I'm not duplicating.

My stats for 2012 are:
-$37K full spend, 95K miles
-$54K total spend, 190k total miles

I fly international out of EWR, and split domestic between EWR and PHL.

Good luck, everyone!
That spend sounds low - I'm surprised you made it.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 9:51 am

Programs: UA GS
Everyone will be GS soon and than there'll be another "secret" tier above it
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mitchmu
That spend sounds low - I'm surprised you made it.
They have had massive corporate (i.e. high yield) defections this year so maybe not too surprising...
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:59 am

Programs: UA GS
I'm a bit puzzled by UA at this point. I went back and added everything up last night: a bit over $104,000 total spend on United (no code shares) during 2012. Most of this has been international business and first. My account still shows 1K.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Platinum
I was surprised as well. It just appeared on my profile page, and then I called to confirm.

I didn't include them in my full-fare spend, but M fares make up the bulk of my non-full fare travel. Maybe they do count and that's what pushed me over. I asked the GS rep when I called, and she would neither confirm nor deny.

One mitigating factor, and I don't think it would have any effect (but who knows): I already have around $25k of full-fare travel booked during 1Q 2013.

Originally Posted by SantosDumont
I'm a bit puzzled by UA at this point. I went back and added everything up last night: a bit over $104,000 total spend on United (no code shares) during 2012. Most of this has been international business and first. My account still shows 1K.
Wow. That's just bizarre. The GS rep told me they were "rolling it out" over the next few weeks, so it might happen yet.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Dec 22, 2012 at 9:01 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same member.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:04 am

Programs: United 1K, Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, National Exec. Elite
~$40k in spend, 168k miles flown. 1K.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
They have had massive corporate (i.e. high yield) defections this year so maybe not too surprising...
Seriously. I don't think that would have qualified in the last 2-3 years. I know I spent at least that much in the year when I was kicked out.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:25 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

I called and that's what I was told.

The rep said that they will be able to tell if you are GS on their system on January 1.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SantosDumont
How much in full fare?
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:40 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
a discussion on who has gotten GS for 2013 has been on going for awhile in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-q-2012-a.html

Status changes for new GS started occurring 2-3 days ago.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA GS, AC Elite, Global Entry
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
a discussion on who has gotten GS for 2013 has been on going for awhile in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-q-2012-a.html

Status changes for new GS started occurring 2-3 days ago.
You would think they would provide some transparency for existing GS at the same time they are adding newbie's to the ranks - it suggests they have already done round 1 of the math so know who is clearly in - or maybe think it adds to the mystique....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.