Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double EQM for 2013?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Quiltingatty
Anybody hear if United is going to be offering double EQM for any routes next year?
Wow - November 27th. This may be the latest in the year ever that this post has been made. Stand by for 400+ posts of why they will/won't should/shouldn't.

Hope they do, of course.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:55 am

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by cmculp
Wow - November 27th. This may be the latest in the year ever that this post has been made.
The question was asking about 2013, so this is actually "early".

Although the answer to all those posts is going to be the same. The current UA airline is not the old UA airline which offered DEQM. CO never offered DEQM... they didn't have to because they had Elite Maximizer.

DEQM is always available in the "new UA" for a fee. And because of this, as long as Elite Maximizer exists, UA will never do a "free" systemwide DEQM offer. They may do a few targeted offers at various target groups they want to impact (non-elites and Silvers (who they want to fly more), people in a particular location or particular route) that competes with other airlines), etc.)

Which is as it should be.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 6:24 am

Programs: 2015 kettle
Double EQM for 2013?

What is the normal timeframe for announcing the following years MP program rules? Eager to see how good/bad it will be. I made 1K for the first (maybe last) time ever......
Old Nov 28, 2012, 9:04 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mickeydfly13
What is the normal timeframe for announcing the following years MP program rules? ....
It is late this year (usually done by now).
Old Nov 28, 2012, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by gonezen
My email from AA said the offer was an "apology" for less than expected performance. I'm guessing a lot of UAneeCO customers might feel they are owed an apology and pqm match as well. Just guessing.
Is AA doing it because some of their customers got scared by all of the bankruptcy business? I may be UAneeCO but I don't believe in being owed anything. I figure that downgrading is the simply the way of the times--inflation and watering down with the massive growth in population of elites. Actually I was UA elite and then switched to CO elite, only to be adopted back by UA in the merger. So is that UAneeCOneeUA? Actually, UAneCOneUA since I've never been female.
Wow - November 27th. This may be the latest in the year ever that this post has been made. Stand by for 400+ posts of why they will/won't should/shouldn't.
That may not mean much since the new UA has barely existed for just one year. CO used to make new offerings of DEQM from time to time at random times of the year. Is the new UA a mutant combination of the two old traditions?
The real beauty was the months after 9/11 in 2001. Awards were offered for half the number of miles for a while because people were afraid to step on planes. My elite status that year was extended gratis into the next year. How's that for an alternative to DEQM?

Last edited by Long Zhiren; Nov 28, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.