Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booked PDX-TVL when Plat, now 1K

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2015, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Booked PDX-TVL when Plat, now 1K

I am waitlisted for an u/g Y-->C using miles + copay for PDX-TLV in Late Oct. 2/3 domestic segments have cleared but EWR-TLV hasn't. I booked this earlier in the year when I was Plat, but I crossed 1K ~1 month after booking the trip.

If I understand how copay+miles u/g works (not probable), it is dependent on fare class and pax status. Do I need to do anything to improve my chance of the u/g clearing (such as having UA refresh it or WHY)?

Thanks

- Tim
Old Sep 11, 2015, 6:55 pm

It certainly can't hurt to call reservations and ascertain that your current status is in the PNR. Tough upgrade regardless. Bon Chance!
Old Sep 11, 2015, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
What is the fare class for your EWR-TLV flight? If it is V and above, you will beat all 1Ks with W fares in the waiting list. Upfare for this segment only will be a good option. Good luck.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 9:38 pm

Programs: MP Ag, former 1K
Originally Posted by Kmxu
What is the fare class for your EWR-TLV flight? If it is V and above, you will beat all 1Ks with W fares in the waiting list. Upfare for this segment only will be a good option. Good luck.
I have a different experience there. I had a flight in Dec 2013 where my SO had a ticket in w fare, purchased a week before mine. I waited a couple more days to purchase my ticket and matched the itinerary, so we were on the same flight, but because I waited, my ticket was more expensive and in the V fare bucket. I then applied GPU's to both. At the very end, there were very few open seats - she cleared the upgrade at around T-48, I never did.

My theory was that W and V fell into the same "big bucket", and her upgrade was processed ahead of mine due to some other priority ordering - time of purchase of ticket or some such thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.