Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unable to apply GPU at Airport (BKK)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2012, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K - 2mm, AA Platinum- 2mm, Starwood Lifetime Platinum (Ambassador)
Unable to apply GPU at Airport (BKK)

Just checked in for UA882 and tried to apply a GPU. Was told that these had to be applied ahead of time and could not be added at the counter. Is this a new rule, as I've done this plenty of times before. Upon pressing she said it was because it took a long time and lots of phone calls. This was 90 minutes before departure and there wasn't a big line.

Curious to see if this is a new rule, something I was unaware of, or something specific to the BKK operations.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
New since 3/3. If there is R availability you can do it over the phone. Try calling if you can.

ETA: It's already booked and checked in full.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
On the CO side that was the rule well before the merger. They now do have a procedure for applying GPUs at the airport within 24 hours of flight. Unfortunately, many agents either dn't want to do so or don't know how to do so
Old Oct 21, 2012, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
On the CO side that was the rule well before the merger. They now do have a procedure for applying GPUs at the airport within 24 hours of flight. Unfortunately, many agents either dn't want to do so or don't know how to do so
I thought it still had to be done over the phone less than 24 hrs (with R availability) and they were working on a proces for the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.