Wiki Posts
Search

UA 417 [21-Oct-2012] 2 odd things

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2012, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
UA 417 [21-Oct-2012] 2 odd things

UA 417 today PMUA A320 aircraft and crew. FA welcomed mileage plus and ONEPASS members to the flight. I have been hearing that from PMCO crews but I thought that was odd to hear that from a PMUA crew. The other odd thing was as I boarded there was one TSA agent in the jetway checking boarding passes and some asked for a ID. This is occurring just a few feet from where a UA agents scans your ticket. I guess they were checking the ticket for the TSA seal of approval. I have seen TSA agents check some bags at a gate but not a ticket.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
I had 2 sUA flights last week and both said "MileagePlus and OnePass". Either too lazy to update the pages of their FA manuals or too lazy to remember the new script - no excuse either way.

I've seen the TSA ticket checking thing at the gate a few times in the last year - completely pointless.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
UA 417 today PMUA A320 aircraft and crew. FA welcomed mileage plus and ONEPASS members to the flight. I have been hearing that from PMCO crews but I thought that was odd to hear that from a PMUA crew.
This happens on both PMUA/PMCO flights for me. I also suspect they haven't updated the script.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by FlyerChrisK
This happens on both PMUA/PMCO flights for me. I also suspect they haven't updated the script.
From what I've seen in the past FA manuals are kept updated by the employee themselves replacing specific pages when they are changed. I would be very certain that there are new versions of the applicable pages, but almost as certain that there is a bunch of lazy FAs out there who haven't bothered to update their manuals.

Maybe a UA FA can confirm.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Since some travelers only travel 1-2x per year maybe they're including both for a set amount of time. I hear it quite a bit no matter which PM crew.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 1:04 pm

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by FlyerChrisK
Just like I haven't updated my profile.

I hear it all the time, though not from pmUA or pmCO crews; I've been express-only since June 3 (40+ flights).
Old Oct 21, 2012, 1:10 pm

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by star_world
I had 2 sUA flights last week and both said "MileagePlus and OnePass". Either too lazy to update the pages of their FA manuals or too lazy to remember the new script - no excuse either way.

I've seen the TSA ticket checking thing at the gate a few times in the last year - completely pointless.
There is actually a very valid reason for it.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by fastair
And that reason is?
Old Oct 21, 2012, 1:24 pm

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by SFO777
And that reason is?
Theater and keeping the TSO's busy.

It's like the time I got a pat-down at the gate (ORD T1C). The TSA feeler-upper gave my legs and pants pockets a nice massage, but totally ignored the wires hanging out of my shirt pocket.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by fastair
UA should do their own revenue control...it has nothing to do with the TSA or keeping us safe.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 2:54 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
I heard the MileagePlus and OnePass script on my regular HNL-SFO flight last week for the first time on sUA metal. I could see the purser and she was reading directly from her book. I haven't heard that on this flight before, so perhaps that is the new script we are hearing?
Old Oct 21, 2012, 3:02 pm

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
UA should do their own revenue control...it has nothing to do with the TSA or keeping us safe.
Who says it is something about protecting ua's revenue vs doing something the tsa was founded to do?
Old Oct 21, 2012, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
And that reason is?
Beyond the line for me, but Ive heard of people flying on other peoples names for their status.

As MatthewLAX points out, there is seemingly no security relevance as the passenger would have to clear security on his own ID either way. It's UAs problem.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by HumbleBee
Beyond the line for me, but Ive heard of people flying on other peoples names for their status.

As MatthewLAX points out, there is seemingly no security relevance as the passenger would have to clear security on his own ID either way. It's UAs problem.
When MatthewLAX works for UA or the tsa, then he may have insight into things he does not currently have. As of now, his opinion of this is just that, an opinion.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 4:03 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Take the TSA-related posts to the TS/S forum, not here.

iluv2fly
Moderator, UA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.