Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

US Airways Award Flights Not Showing On United.com??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2012, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Good day,

What am I doing wrong? What is the secret handshake I need to know?

I am in the very preliminary stages of planning a trip from SAT to VCE for May, 2013. I go to United.com to check award availability (I do NOT check the box indicating look at UA flights only) and I get a raft of UA flights with two changes. Some of the flights are UA-UA-LH, some are UA-LH-LH and there was a UA-LH-US.

But, when I go to USAirways.com, I see US-US [SAT-PHL, PHL-VCE].

When I use the ANA tool to check availability, my desired US-US flight pair shows availability.

WHY does the US-US flight pair NOT show up at United.com? Is it simply a matter of number of seats released by US to UA? I tried a variety of May and June dates at both United.com and the ANA tool because of that question, but the US-US pair never shows up.

I even downloaded Firefox thinking my current browser could be hammered, but no use - Firefox only went as far forward as DEC 2012 to make a reservation, absolutely no use at all.

I probably should not complain. All of the flights that appeared at United.com had ample connection time and I could arrive in VCE at the same time as the US flight from PHL to VCE. But it is irritating me to try to understand why this is occuring.

Any/All insights appreciated.

PS - when I use http://www.staralliance.com/en/booking/flight-search/ , it dredges up a US-US-US sequence; then when I click the "Book Here" link on the side, it takes me to my desired US-US flight pair at USAirways.com, NOT the US-US-US sequence shown at http://www.staralliance.com/en/booking/flight-search/.

PPS - oh yes, when I called United, the rep said "Well, I see it."
Old Oct 15, 2012, 6:08 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by travis bickle

PPS - oh yes, when I called United, the rep said "Well, I see it."
Can't answer the "why", but if the UA phone agent can see the US route, ask him/her to book it for you and if there are fees you need to pay for this, ask him/her to waive them.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 7:19 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
UA may be hedging their bets, since there's been some serious chatter about US merging with AA and leaving *A for OW; they might be trying to avoid another British Midland-like situation...
Old Oct 16, 2012, 7:23 am

Programs: SPG Plat
I don't think so. Everytime I find availability on US (using single point to point) I have to call UA to book the award because the web site just can't seem to string them together, No big deal and if you tell them you can't book it on the web they should wave the fees.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 7:24 am

Don't know if it was resolved since the other day, but Ethiopian award flights no longer showing on united.com either (a different thread)
Old Oct 16, 2012, 7:39 am

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm seeing December 2012 US Airways award flights on United.com available from IAH-GCM.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 8:38 pm

I am currently trying to book award travel on United, using my Mileage Plus account (JAX-CHO) and no US Airways flights are displaying when using the search function on United's website. Grrr. If I call and have an agent book, will they waive the fee? This never used to be the case...

Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.