Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Milestone recognition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2012, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K w/2MM & lifetime U-Club; Marriott-Lifetime Titanium; IHG-Diamond; National-Exec. Elite
Thumbs up Milestone recognition

This past Monday, I flew FLL-EWR and had something interesting happen at the FLL club. When I gave my lifetime membership card and ID, the agent said she had something for me and gave me a generic "congratulations on reaching this milestone" card. Handwritted inside it was a note thanking me for being a member of the "mileage program" for 15 years.

I've got to give the people of UA credit for going out of their way to recognize a milestone that I wasn't even aware I was hitting. This made me feel like a valued customer.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by Steve GadFly

I've got to give the people of UA credit for going out of their way to recognize a milestone that I wasn't even aware I was hitting. This made me feel like a valued customer.
The fact that you weren't aware of it makes me suspect that UA is very happy that their "recognition " meant so much to you.
Dave
Old Sep 20, 2012, 7:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
FLL club staff have always been excellent - not surprised to hear this ^

Originally Posted by bseller
The fact that you weren't aware of it makes me suspect that UA is very happy that their "recognition " meant so much to you.
Dave
Old Sep 20, 2012, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K w/2MM & lifetime U-Club; Marriott-Lifetime Titanium; IHG-Diamond; National-Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by bseller:19350293

Dave
Flying a few hundred times a year for the last 11 years, travel can be routine or even monotonous sometimes. This was refreshing. No one singled me out when I flew my millionth mile or took my one thousandth flight. In my opinion, this card wasn't UA kissing my butt but rather a little thank you for my time with them.

I can't comment on why someone else wouldn't have gotten something similar at their 20 year anniversary unless this was specifically done by the FLL club crew.

Completely agree with the other comment by the way....the club staff in FLL is fantastic!
Old Sep 20, 2012, 7:51 am

Programs: UA MP 1K
When I was about to board the flight (PEK-IAD) that marked my million miles about a year and a half ago, I mentioned this to the gate supervisor in PEK (hoping for an upgrade to F from my already upgraded Y-C), she said, "So what?"
Old Sep 20, 2012, 7:53 am

Programs: Recovering after 7 years of UA 1K, Still UA Silver (Which means nothing), Marriott Lifetime Plat Pre
I can't comment on why someone else wouldn't have gotten something similar at their 20 year anniversary unless this was specifically done by the FLL club crew.

Completely agree with the other comment by the way....the club staff in FLL is fantastic!
Is this a sCO or sUA club? I honestly didn't even know there was a UC in FLL. Ive only flown there on sCO metal and always hung out at Chiles. If I find myself back there I need to check out the UC. I just hit 20 years this year.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 7:58 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
Originally Posted by euslaner
When I was about to board the flight (PEK-IAD) that marked my million miles about a year and a half ago, I mentioned this to the gate supervisor in PEK (hoping for an upgrade to F from my already upgraded Y-C), she said, "So what?"
Nice of them to recognize your loyalty. I have been an Elite for 20+ years when I pointed that out to the new united I barely got a "so what" when I complained about things that were not right.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 7:58 am

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by emanon256
Is this a sCO or sUA club? I honestly didn't even know there was a UC in FLL. Ive only flown there on sCO metal and always hung out at Chiles. If I find myself back there I need to check out the UC. I just hit 20 years this year.
This was a President's Club for years; the club is small and nothing special with no great view but the staff is really nice, attentive and provides great service. Try it some time.
It is the only UC in South Florida

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.