Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

20 Sept 2012 - ual.com Not Displaying Fare Buckets Correctly [Now Corrected]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD

It looks like US just pulled all R space on every flight from availability.....Just went to buy up on a flight that had at least 4 R seats last night. Now Thry are gone. Made no sense so just checked 40 random flights that ALWAYS have at least a few R & O seats avail. Nothing! It looks like UA has pulled all R & O space sometime this morning. I hope it's just computer maint. (the fact that there is no R space in any flight between LGA-ORD in a 6 day period is a good hint)

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 20, 2012 at 5:37 am Reason: retitled merged thread
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:12 am

Programs: Virgin Aus Platinum; UA 1K; Sofitel Platinum (A-Club); Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold / Premium Club
Coach - R

What is going on:

Flight:UA870
Aircraft: Boeing 747-400
Fare Class: Coach (R)
Meal: Lunch

Coach R???? Did I just get downgraded or is this further proof of the top notch programing capabilities over at United IT?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:14 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by GlobalSTL
What is going on:

Flight:UA870
Aircraft: Boeing 747-400
Fare Class: Coach (R)
Meal: Lunch

Coach R???? Did I just get downgraded or is this further proof of the top notch programing capabilities over at United IT?
I have an award coming up that says:

Fare Class: Coach (I), but my seat is still in C. Probably just a display bug.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:17 am

The return of ted or reservation problems?

Hello,

Was trying to upgrade ORD/MCO in December and could not access my upgrades, so I tried to book a F/C seat. Every flight on ORD to MCO and the return for the month of December showed no F/C seats. Even got this message, "Chicago, IL (ORD - O'Hare) to Orlando, FL (MCO) market is in economy class."

Does anyone else have this problem or has TED returned to give us nightmares? Safe Travels!
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:19 am

I saw the same thing this morning and was wondering what was going on. I have a Global First award that now shows Coach (O). But my seat assignments are still in First.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Also shows on the preview site. Looks like UA is giving us a new benefit - my reservations that are waitlisted say "upgrade to coach requested"
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by northsideguy
Hello,

Was trying to upgrade ORD/MCO in December and could not access my upgrades, so I tried to book a F/C seat. Every flight on ORD to MCO and the return for the month of December showed no F/C seats. Even got this message, "Chicago, IL (ORD - O'Hare) to Orlando, FL (MCO) market is in economy class."

Does anyone else have this problem or has TED returned to give us nightmares? Safe Travels!
Something is screwy. I was just told there are no business class "full fare" seats avail between JFK-LAX on EVERY flight. Also, R space is gone accross the board from every flight. Something is going on w SHARES. (again)
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:22 am

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Happening to me for a flight on Sunday. My itin says Coach(R). The system gave me seat 1C (which is First). But if I try to change my seat to a different open seat in First it goes to the "How would you like to upgrade" screen and I can't change my seat. Bizarre.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:23 am

Don't you know that S/J wants to bring back TED to every mainline flight? lol
Safe Travels!
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:23 am

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
I am seeing the same thing.

If this is a bug, no big deal. If it's an enhancement that I'm going to like, UA and I are done.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:25 am

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Actually, just went through ALL my booked reservations and everywhere I had an upgrade is either Coach(R) or Coach (IN). I have seven reservations going to March 3, 2013 where this is happening.

Actually, just triple checked and ALL my future reservations that had been upgraded say Coach(R). Bizarre.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 20, 2012 at 5:34 am Reason: merge
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by DawgmanOH
Actually, just triple checked and ALL my future reservations that had been upgraded say Coach(R). Bizarre.
At least your flights were upgraded tickets. I paid for F/C and now tickets says Coach but gives the F/C fare codes. Probably problems with the new fare code program UA is trying to install. I still say TED is coming back! hee-hee Safe Travels!
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:36 am
Original Poster

It's not only existing reservations. If you book a new reservation, and search for R space there is none, on ANY flight. They pulled all R inventory

UA got the last laugh. We forced them to give us back transparency which they did and then took away what we wanted to see
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:40 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
To make things worse, the upgrade button has disappeared on itineraries, so I can't use an SWU now. Hope this gets fixed soon.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
To make things worse, the upgrade button has disappeared on itineraries, so I can't use an SWU now. Hope this gets fixed soon.
There IS NO MORE UPGRADE SPACE in any flight. ALL future flights are R0 O0

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.