Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

20 Sept 2012 - ual.com Not Displaying Fare Buckets Correctly [Now Corrected]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20 Sept 2012 - ual.com Not Displaying Fare Buckets Correctly [Now Corrected]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
It's not only existing reservations. If you book a new reservation, and search for R space there is none, on ANY flight. They pulled all R inventory

UA got the last laugh. We forced them to give us back transparency which they did and then took away what we wanted to see
Not only is there a problem with R inventory, you can't even book a F/C seat on any UA flight, domestic and international. Which makes me believe that this is a software problem with the new booking codes that UA is installing. Safe Travels!
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
The only thing still working is my star partner business / first redemptions still showing up correctly
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:53 am

If you think this is bad, what about the G/A's and F/A's on the early moring flights? Can you imagine the headaches at the gates? If the resevation system is not showing any R space with open F/C seats, there are going to be some upset passengers when they board and see F/C wide open and they weren't upgraded. As always, Safe Travels!
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

At about 5am EDT I got an email that a waitlisted upgrade cleared. Yes, it shows "Coach (R)" on the reservation but it actually moved from E to R. I'm quite fine with that.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:57 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by andrewwm
I have an award coming up that says:

Fare Class: Coach (I), but my seat is still in C. Probably just a display bug.
Have the same problem. Fare Class (IN) but seat is still in C....concerned about this one....

Also my wife has a flight back to the DC-area on Saturday and the redeem upgrade button is gone.

Last edited by mh3265a; Sep 20, 2012 at 6:11 am Reason: additional info
Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:00 am

Programs: United MP (Platinum), AS (75K), AA (GM)
Thumbs down

My seat assignments on my cleared upgrades are now in Economy but are listed as Coach (R). Does anyone know what's happening?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
At about 5am EDT I got an email that a waitlisted upgrade cleared. Yes, it shows "Coach (R)" on the reservation but it actually moved from E to R. I'm quite fine with that.
Happy to hear that! Safe Travels!
Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Have a reservation at Xmas (IAD-LHR in Global First) that shows 1K in coach
Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
There IS NO MORE UPGRADE SPACE in any flight. ALL future flights are R0 O0
Geez.

Another "change" we like???

I am really pissed off.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe this has been done to provide additional transparency? Or to keep us from getting confused?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by transpac
Maybe this has been done to provide additional transparency? Or to keep us from getting confused?
That's what I said we forced them to give us back transparency, which they did........only to take away what we wanted to see with that transparency
Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:42 am

Programs: UA GS/Global Entry
All of my upgraded flights are now Coach (R)
Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:51 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
always look on the bright side

At least for the time being, this computer snafu means that nobody will be booking the future R space that I might be interested in.

I'm sure that UA's IT folks will get this sorted out by next week, and I didn't really want seat 1E on UA221 this afternoon. Not enough leg room.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, HHonors Gold, Avis Preferred
Bizarre. Just checked mobile app and my upcoming multi-segment award rez after reading this. All the segments on other airlines read "business" (correctly), while the four UA segments are listed as "Coach" but have retained the original BF seat assignments.

So problem shows up on the app too and applies to only UA flights (not codeshares). Future existing reservations seem fine, but I'm sure this debacle is a real delight on the new-reservations and current-upgrades front...
Old Sep 20, 2012, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by puckthescientist:19350104
Bizarre. Just checked mobile app and my upcoming multi-segment award rez after reading this. All the segments on other airlines read "business" (correctly), while the four UA segments are listed as "Coach" but have retained the original BF seat assignments.

So problem shows up on the app too and applies to only UA flights (not codeshares). Future existing reservations seem fine, but I'm sure this debacle is a real delight on the new-reservations and current-upgrades front...
Same for me. But if I go to Print Boarding Pass on the mobile app, it shows me in first for a flight tonight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.