Wiki Posts
Search

Possible to get Thai F with UA Miles?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by qukslvr619
Thanks; not too worried about change fees since I'm 1K, but I think I was able to find a similar routing: IAHORDFRABKKHKT. It prices out at 70K, with FRABKK in Y....hopefully they can switch it to what I want.

If you already "paid" F - it should be no problem.
Only of course if there is actually F available on your FRA-BKK, and its just the website thats not showing it.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:14 am

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by dcsnowwake
just watch out for the 747 all series which is old old seats.
A good suggestion, but it's hard to rely on the schedule because TG is known to frequently do last minute equipments swaps where you can go from new config to old config with little to no warning. I've been "TGed" 2-3 times and I've only flown maybe 5-6 segments on them. Just a warning!
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by rankourabu
If you already "paid" F - it should be no problem.
Only of course if there is actually F available on your FRA-BKK, and its just the website thats not showing it.
It's a mixed award...so its picking up the ORDFRA in F but FRABKK is Y (says Saver First sold out).

Agent says that SHARES doesnt like the fact that my layover in FRA is 19 hours...says its not legal.

I think what will happen is I will have to wait until FRABKK opens up in saver J/F and then try it again.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by qukslvr619

Agent says that SHARES doesnt like the fact that my layover in FRA is 19 hours...says its not legal.
First off, that's utter BS. Anything under 24 is a connection and they do (or should) know it. I have booked some very questionable itineraries recently and they've gone through. If you don't like their answer, hangup and call back. That being said, if there is nothing FRA-BKK, why not land in FRA, connect to another euro gateway with F seats open and then continue from there to BKK?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
First off, that's utter BS. Anything under 24 is a connection and they do (or should) know it. I have booked some very questionable itineraries recently and they've gone through. If you don't like their answer, hangup and call back. That being said, if there is nothing FRA-BKK, why not land in FRA, connect to another euro gateway with F seats open and then continue from there to BKK?
Absolute BS ... I have 22 hour layovers booked in PTY, YYZ and WAW - all on one PUJ-DPS ticket. There was never an issue in pricing it out at 62.5k. J on the phone - and I made several adjustments since original ticketing, to include Qatar and the LO 787.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:47 am

Finally got it to ticket

Well the agent got a supervisor who made a "one time" exception since I was 1K.

So I guess the rule of thumb is try, try again. Now to figure out what to do for New Years in FRA.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
I guess I'll ask as well, any inputs on Air Canada C class? Looks like they fly YVR-SYD so that could be an option I guess.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by trekwars2000
I guess I'll ask as well, any inputs on Air Canada C class? Looks like they fly YVR-SYD so that could be an option I guess.
Pod style seating - great for solo travel - full flat.
Service/food wise - maybe slightly better than UA, but like UA, its hit and miss.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:47 am

I got saver F on THAI. Really good deal with saver! DEN -> FRA on Lufthansa and then FRA -> BKK on THAI
Old Sep 18, 2012, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by CrazyInteg
I got saver F on THAI. Really good deal with saver! DEN -> FRA on Lufthansa and then FRA -> BKK on THAI
Interesting that DENFRA/FRABKK in F prices out at 70K, but when you price out FRABKK in F it is 80K. I assume that is because EU-Asia is calculated differently.

I probably spent all in all about 8 hours today combined on the phone. More often than not, the agents made it seem like I was making stuff up and it seemed every one had a different interpretation of rules, routings, etc.

I really hope the next ititeration of UA.com allows you to book routings/flights on your own. It is just such a waste of time and seems to get nowhere calling in.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
I've booked ex-Japan to BKK in TG F with UA miles several times at saver levels. Decent availability only 1-3 months out in my previous experiences.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Ive booked IAH-FRA-BKK-HKT in December... IAH-FRA in C on LH A380 and FRA-BKK in F on TG A380 and BKK-HKT in Y on TG.

70k each for my fiance and I.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by avi8tir
Ive booked IAH-FRA-BKK-HKT in December... IAH-FRA in C on LH A380 and FRA-BKK in F on TG A380 and BKK-HKT in Y on TG.

Are you having to overnight in FRA? Hoping that I will be able to find IAHFRA on LH but not sure what time that gets in.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by avi8tir

Nice itin to experience A380 planes on 2 different airlines. You may be lucky and get LH F when they open up seats 2 weeks before the flight. I didn't know TG was starting to fly the A380s on long-haul routes in December, but that is good to know.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Yes it is.

I have HKT-BKK-HKG in C and F for my wife and I in December.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.