Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All LAS-PSP canceled today--WHY?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime Plat; 2 MM; Amex Rewards; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Plat.
All LAS-PSP canceled today--WHY?

I was booked today on #5396 scheduled at 12:15. After 2 delays it was canceled due to "mechanical.". I was re-booked on 5400 set for 3:15. After 2 delays, you guessed it--canceled due to mechanical. Therefore, their was no UA service at all today between these 2 cities I am now in a crappy hotel and re-booked on the same flight tomorrow. I have also reserved a rental car. Any idea what is going on?
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:44 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
I'm going to guess that both planes had mechanical issues and couldn't fly. I don't know why that's impossible to believe and you need to put "mechanical" in quotes.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by CalRef
I was booked today on #5396 scheduled at 12:15. After 2 delays it was canceled due to "mechanical.". I was re-booked on 5400 set for 3:15. After 2 delays, you guessed it--canceled due to mechanical. Therefore, their was no UA service at all today between these 2 cities I am now in a crappy hotel and re-booked on the same flight tomorrow. I have also reserved a rental car. Any idea what is going on?
no idea but...
you should have tried to reroute LAS>LAX>PSP or LAS>SFO>PSP (maybe you did and they were full?), keep those options in mind tomorrow. or like you said, drive it.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Is it the same aircraft that goes PSP-LAS-PSP-LAS-PSP? If so sounds like they just couldn't get it fixed in time for the second flight.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:57 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
PSP is a SkyWest maintenance/crew base so some EMB trips go LAX->PSP->LAS and v.v.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:03 am
Used to be PWMRamper

Programs: Marriott Platinum
It was indeed the same aircraft, N233SW. The plane flew LAX-PSP, and then didn't leave there to go to LAS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.