Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Will UA force an upgrade to first to satisfy upgrade to business requests?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2012, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

I'm flying FRA-SFO in a few days and current fares available are:

F1, FN1, J5, JN5, C5, Y0, YN0

Pretty brutal. I'm in M class and have a GPU request in already. I know this is going to be a tough upgrade to get

I'm curious though, assuming there are enough upgrade requests for business and room in F, would UA push a C or J paying Elite into First to make room for a GPU request to clear?
Old Sep 6, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by eagle007
I'm flying FRA-SFO in a few days and current fares available are:

F1, FN1, J5, JN5, C5, Y0, YN0

Pretty brutal. I'm in M class and have a GPU request in already. I know this is going to be a tough upgrade to get

I'm curious though, assuming there are enough upgrade requests for business and room in F, would UA push a C or J paying Elite into First to make room for a GPU request to clear?
They would only do this if the flight is oversold and they need the overall capacity. If it's not..they would give the F seat to a non-rev or let it go out empty if there were no non-revs standing by.

With it being Y0 though it's very likely oversold and will go out completely full.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
If it's not..they would give the F seat to a non-rev or let it go out empty if there were no non-revs standing by.
Non-rev from C to F being a mileage request or a CPU?
Old Sep 6, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by eagle007
Non-rev from C to F being a mileage request or a CPU?
A non-rev is an employee or other non-paying standby passenger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.