Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2012 Thanksgiving/Christmas Schedule Cutbacks on United

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Thanksgiving/Christmas Schedule Cutbacks on United

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2012, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Vulcan
Prices around Christmas have now gone pear-shaped.
10 days ago I booked the 9PM EWR-TPA 12/27 for my wife L fare of $150. It was the last L ticket. I waited and the next day the lowest was a T fare at $190. I hesitated again and 2 days ago the lowest became a V at $300+! Today the lowest is a W at @ $260. Yet the plane shows still pretty empty with 108 unassigned seats.
I will hold out a bit longer and hope they will open up a few T seats.
We've just noticed the same thing. Codeshares on UA metal still have availability in lower fare buckets, e.g. LH flights LHR-IAD on UA are hundreds of dollars cheaper than UA flight numbers.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 5:32 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Just stumbled upon this thread; primarily because my sister is flying LGA-ORD-NRT on 11/20 and I had hoped to switch her to the EWR-NRT. It appears that they are only flying this flight Su,M,W,F, Sat of Thanksgiving week...

oh well too bad

FDW
Old Nov 18, 2012, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Just stumbled upon this thread; primarily because my sister is flying LGA-ORD-NRT on 11/20 and I had hoped to switch her to the EWR-NRT. It appears that they are only flying this flight Su,M,W,F, Sat of Thanksgiving week...

oh well too bad

FDW
UA881 (ORD-NRT) is one of the few TPAC flights that survived the holiday cutback.

ANA has two nonstops on 11/20 from JFK to NRT. Is this an award ticket?
Old Nov 18, 2012, 6:39 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cheltzel
UA881 (ORD-NRT) is one of the few TPAC flights that survived the holiday cutback.

ANA has two nonstops on 11/20 from JFK to NRT. Is this an award ticket?
yes but they need 3 business class seats.. only 1 available on the 1010 flight

FDW
Old Nov 20, 2012, 5:14 pm

any way to find out why UA117 isn't flying on nov 21st?

i'm flying on a different flight to get to HKG, and wanted to check if i could get the direct. Agent says 117 ewr-hkg isn't operating on that day...any reasons why?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
They cancelled a bunch of the HKG flights over this weekend.

Even worse is that they cancelled the HKG-EWR on 11/25 (yes, I was on it). I'm sure nobody needs to fly back and forth on the Sunday after a long holiday weekend...CX for me instead thankfully.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Less business traffic the week of Thanksgiving to necessitate it? It's also not going on Friday.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 5:46 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by jacklee
i'm flying on a different flight to get to HKG, and wanted to check if i could get the direct. Agent says 117 ewr-hkg isn't operating on that day...any reasons why?
Similar post:

Originally Posted by Dualmonitors
I purchased outright for $6,600 a roundtrip ticket from EWR-HKG and return for 11/2012 and 1/2013(return). My outbound flight was UA117, return from HKG-EWR was UA116.

All of a sudden, over the weekend, i received an email saying that my outbound flight, formerly UA117, has now been changed to UA 79 with a stop (and i believe plane change, though i'm uncertain re: plane change) at Narita, adding easily 5 additional hours to my flight!

I would not have bought this United ticket/flight if I had known! I only keep flying this flight because it is non-stop direct from EWR-HKG and return! Otherwise, I would have flown Cathay from JFK.

may i ask if these things happen often and if i am allowed a cost free cancellation?

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 7:13 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by transpac
Has anyone experienced any schedule issues for Thanksgiving/Christmas this year (2013)?
UA881 ORD-NRT is not flying on Nov. 26.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.