Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Return of ability to use miles to renew united club?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Return of ability to use miles to renew united club?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2012, 1:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
I just realized my UC membership has expired! (What is with that United, no email? no message? Do you want my business?)

I see they have a $50 fee for new or past 30 day expired memberships.. I read that they were waiving this a while ago, is this still true? If so I will wait until November when I will make gold before renewing, otherwise I will renew sooner as $50 > $25 saving for Silver->Gold..

And what is with that anyway??? You Make gold so the international benefits of UC membership become useless and you only save $25 (perhaps I should just rough it from now on domestically)

Also, anyone heard any rumors of membership for miles being re-introduced?

And I guess, for that matter, should I just switch my MP to the UC card??
(Although I would rather not..)

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 9, 2012 at 2:50 pm Reason: merge
Old Oct 9, 2012, 2:03 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Some have had recent success doing those at some clubs or calling UC Service Center. Suggesting it will become more available, maybe as a part of the 2013 program??

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ited-club.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...p-renewal.html
Old Oct 9, 2012, 2:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Thanks.. Wow talk about mixed responses... Not helping my indecision
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:05 am

The word yesterday at LAX T7 club was that renewal with miles is possible only for Global Services members. All other members pay cash or credit.

I tried to renew by phone earlier this week and was told that payment with miles was not possible.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 5:21 pm
urh

Programs: DL DM
Angry I guess UA doesn't like even their best customers

Originally Posted by Far From Home
The word yesterday at LAX T7 club was that renewal with miles is possible only for Global Services members. All other members pay cash or credit.
I thought the fact that they stopped accepting miles for renewal was annoying. I never realized that they make even their top tier FF's pay for lounge access. Seriously?
I put an email in to them anyway, maybe I get lucky...
Old Nov 5, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA
If you are a 1K flier and Star Gold, then aren't you admitted to most United Clubs? I know that is the case in BKK and HKG. But what about domestic United Clubs? Any advice is appreciated.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Pigdoc
If you are a 1K flier and Star Gold, then aren't you admitted to most United Clubs? I know that is the case in BKK and HKG. But what about domestic United Clubs? Any advice is appreciated.
Nope, only on int'l itins, not solely domestic ones (though special execptions like the MLL at LGA and the LH lounges at ATL/DTW/IAD do exist)
Old Nov 5, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA
I fly through IAD or EWR to Dublin about 3x/year. Will Star Gold get me in the UClub in this situation?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 2:56 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Nope, only on int'l itins, not solely domestic ones (though special execptions like the MLL at LGA and the LH lounges at ATL/DTW/IAD do exist)
Good advice; please see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ravellers.html for more details.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by Pigdoc
I fly through IAD or EWR to Dublin about 3x/year. Will Star Gold get me in the UClub in this situation?
Yep. If flying on an intl itin, you get access with *G.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold, 1MM; Marriott Gold Elite; Hyatt Platinum
Supposedly coming back by elite level, date unknown

I've now been told by staff at two different United Clubs that the ability to renew with miles will be restored gradually (as it has already been for Global Services), by elite class. I'm 1K so theoretically my group would be next. My membership expired 10/31, I have 30 days to renew without having to pay the extra $50. Not hopeful that renewal with miles will happen for me in time though.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP/US CP, United 1K (1MM) , Marriott Plat, Avis Plus
Five buck say not before 1 Jan

Just got a e-mail telling me to renew before then of the year before they raise the rates. With all these improvements of the Clubs and help with IrrOps, so tempting. Nothing like watching the reps on hold waiting for a supervisor to do something they used to be able to do. The utility of these clubs is minimal. After not one open seat in the DFW club last week, Dickeys BBQ was more productive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.