Wiki Posts
Search

Award Redemption Question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2012, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Award Redemption Question

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping someone can answer me. I'm looking at getting a one way award with united miles from Kathmandu to Incheon Seoul on January 5th. The only available routing with seats left looks like from Kathmandu to Doha to Seoul on Qatar airways.

With this said, can I do this routing with the normal 25,000 saver award for going from South Asia to North Asia or would it cost me more than that because I'd be flying through Qatar which isn't part of "South Asia".

Thanks and hope someone knows the answer to this.

Mike
Old Jul 30, 2012, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
If it lets you book it for 25k, then go for it. The worst they can do is demand the 37.5k for a Middle East-North Asia award. But why not fly TG via BKK? That's definitely a 25k award and availability is pretty easy on that route.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Sadly, the lowest award class is already booked out for the day I need with TG through BKK.

I'm just hoping they'd let me book it with the 25k and not the 37.5k. The Qatar flights don't show up on the United site unless I search by way of multiple flights and that way it'd cost 20k for KTM to DOH and 37.5k from DOH to ICN. It doesn't show up any other way, so that's why I was asking here :-)

Thanks for the help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.