Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award travel mixed cabin

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2012, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Question Award travel mixed cabin

Saver award returning from Europe in BF has been booked for August 2013. "Mixed cabin" is indicated since a note states that First is "sold out" on the last leg of the trip SFO-SAN.
However checking the flight shows it wide open throughout. United.com only allowed economy seat selection, not even E+.
Does the united system automatically put the passenger on a waitlist for First or E+, or does one have to call in?
Old Nov 23, 2012, 2:08 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by worldwidetraveler
Saver award returning from Europe in BF has been booked for August 2013. "Mixed cabin" is indicated since a note states that First is "sold out" on the last leg of the trip SFO-SAN.
However checking the flight shows it wide open throughout. United.com only allowed economy seat selection, not even E+.
Does the united system automatically put the passenger on a waitlist for First or E+, or does one have to call in?
you need to watch and call for E+, for the Frist seat, you can call and request waitlist(if UA metal). Neither is automatic.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by worldwidetraveler
You are 2P. So you don't get E+ until T-24.

If I were you, pay for E+ now.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 3:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Set an expert flyer alert to email you if the F seats open up....i did this on an LH segment of an award rez and it emailed me later that day. Called and requested the change and it was done....
Old Nov 23, 2012, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by garykung
You are 2P. So you don't get E+ until T-24.

If I were you, pay for E+ now.
I wouldnt - for SFO-SAN - a non-refundable "investment"??

You need to waitlist - the space will open up, its 10 months from now, operating aircraft are not even set that far out, and you will clear automatically.

Worst case scenario, you get E+ at 24hr.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.