Search

Phantom Metal Change - Process Bug

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA DL AA WN VX AS
Phantom Metal Change - Process Bug

This has now happened to me twice.

30 mins before 24 hr check in window, seat map changes from plane with row 12 to plane without row 12.

My E+ aisle is moved to E- aisle, even though there are other E+ aisles available.

30 mins after 24 hr check in window, seat map changes back to plane with row 12.

First time - didn't know/check showed up at gate with boarding pass for row 12, that had been given to someone else and sat in E-

Second time - checked just past window and moved myself back to my original seat.

UA please fix these bugs:

1) Metal may change - try to change me to another E+ seat if I already have an E+ seat

2) If metal changes again, try to move people back to where they were

I will take care of this one:

1) Don't put yourself in row 12
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:13 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by AlanSFO
This has now happened to me twice.

30 mins before 24 hr check in window, seat map changes from plane with row 12 to plane without row 12.

My E+ aisle is moved to E- aisle, even though there are other E+ aisles available.

30 mins after 24 hr check in window, seat map changes back to plane with row 12.

First time - didn't know/check showed up at gate with boarding pass for row 12, that had been given to someone else and sat in E-

Second time - checked just past window and moved myself back to my original seat.

UA please fix these bugs:

1) Metal may change - try to change me to another E+ seat if I already have an E+ seat

2) If metal changes again, try to move people back to where they were

I will take care of this one:

1) Don't put yourself in row 12
The Airbii's that were old TED planes have row 12, while the non TED planes end at row 11. This was a problem with PMUA as well, although it was worse when you'd go from an exit row to a non exit row.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Seems to be some trouble with row 12 on EMB145s as well, though no other configuration lacking row 12 exists with this plane type.

hmmmm..

And I am not giving up my row 12 on the 145s...only decent seat there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.