Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Is WiFi (T-Mobile Internet Access) in the UC's no longer authenticated w/ our MP #s?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is WiFi (T-Mobile Internet Access) in the UC's no longer authenticated w/ our MP #s?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: AS 75k
Coincidentally(?), DL Skyclubs, who also use T-Mobile, stopped requiring sign-in last week.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by andrewket
I don't even bother with club wifi anymore. Straight to 4G/LTE hotspot.
Same here. The speed in the CLE UC has been terrible of late. If there is any kind of bandwidth management it certainly isn't working very well. IMO, there's too many people with iPads streaming video and killing the network.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 6:15 pm

Programs: United
Anyone know the best use of those T-mobile scratcher cards outside of UC? Got a few left over from previous trips where I never had time to bother logging into wi-fi. Are they valid at other T-mobile hotspots?
Old Jun 30, 2012, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Amex Plat
About bloody time. I hated having to scratch those cards.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 8:32 pm

Programs: CO Gold - 1MM, IC Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by paule123
Same here. The speed in the CLE UC has been terrible of late. If there is any kind of bandwidth management it certainly isn't working very well. IMO, there's too many people with iPads streaming video and killing the network.
Well at least it is not T-Mobile...IME at CLE over the years is the sitting at the bar was the only really bad location, still 10x faster than any TM UC connections.

Try connecting at the CLE PC/UC in a different location, generally the speed is great in CLE.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Massive Devaluation!!!!!!

My stack of 100 wifi cards lost all of their value overnight!
Old Jun 30, 2012, 9:48 pm
Suspended

LGA Thursday. They gave me a card when I checked in but didn't need it. No log in required.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by wwu123
Anyone know the best use of those T-mobile scratcher cards outside of UC? Got a few left over from previous trips where I never had time to bother logging into wi-fi. Are they valid at other T-mobile hotspots?
May be useful for scraping ice off windshield or jimmying open doors.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:36 pm

Programs: United 1K, HH Diamond, CBP Global Entry
these T mobile access points might get even slower soon, with people outside of UC's poaching their bandwidth.

I feel UC slow wifi has been one of the most neglected things by UA management. guess they dont think about customer experience pre boarding as much.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 12:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by epiding
these T mobile access points might get even slower soon, with people outside of UC's poaching their bandwidth.

I feel UC slow wifi has been one of the most neglected things by UA management. guess they dont think about customer experience pre boarding as much.
+1,000. Fortunately, I bring a 4G MiFi with me. Otherwise, I wouldn't even bother trying to get online and would read a paper.

Seriously, revenue management can figure out how to compel passengers into buying upgrades - but hasn't cracked the code of how to make lounges not suck and be profitable? Alas ...

Cheers,
Adam
Old Jul 1, 2012, 4:01 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM
Best use of the scratch cards: stick them in the electricity slot by the door in Asian hotels, keeps things cool while you duck out. Then when you forget it, you haven't lost a thing.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:13 am

At SFO, the RC/tmobile wifi authentication seemed to carry over into the gate areas. (using "tmobile", not the SFO free wifi ssid.)

-David
Old Jul 1, 2012, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by ual1960
Best use of the scratch cards: stick them in the electricity slot by the door in Asian hotels, keeps things cool while you duck out. Then when you forget it, you haven't lost a thing.
if you forget it the cleaning staff might confiscate it for their use.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ual1960
Excellent idea!
Old Jul 1, 2012, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
I was told by a Club Supervisor that they were about to put out the UC Wi-Fi contract out to tender nationally - removing authentication seems like a stop gap measure, but we will see if a big change comes to pass. The tmobile data speeds in both the East and West DEN UC's are abysmal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.