Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade chance

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2012, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Upgrade chance

I'm flying on UA 952 from IAD to FRA on 6 July. I am premier silver traveling on a Y fare. I requested an upgrade for miles today and was wait-listed. Can anybody give me an idea what my chances of getting the upgrade are? Likely, possible, or not gonna happen. Thanks.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
All three UA operated flights are J9 that day so there's a decent chance actually.

I'd put it at 82%.

Oh, and 82% of all statistics are made up on the spot. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

-RM
Old Jun 26, 2012, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Much obliged. I'll let you know.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Isn't upgrade still based on elite status, fare class and then date of upgrade request? So it will really depend on how many GS, 1K, PP, Golds are ahead of you in the upgrade queue...
Old Jun 26, 2012, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by cfd550
I'm flying on UA 952 from IAD to FRA on 6 July. I am premier silver traveling on a Y fare. I requested an upgrade for miles today and was wait-listed. Can anybody give me an idea what my chances of getting the upgrade are? Likely, possible, or not gonna happen. Thanks.
As you are on a Y fare, you are fully flexible. Looks like there is confirmed upgradable space on the 10pm departure, flight 932.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum (and falling fast)
BF is currently booked 16/26

Also, E+ looks relatively lightly booked so if you are truly on a Y fare your chances may be ok. Clearly things will change over the next week or so, and as previously mentioned, it will depend on how many higher elites are on the waitlist as to where you clear.....

Good luck!
Old Jun 26, 2012, 6:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by zrs70
As you are on a Y fare, you are fully flexible. Looks like there is confirmed upgradable space on the 10pm departure, flight 932.
If the OP can change now for free to a flight where the upgrade can be confirmed immediately, by all means he/she should do this ASAP.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 7:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If the OP can change now for free to a flight where the upgrade can be confirmed immediately, by all means he/she should do this ASAP.
the Unknown is when the OP said they were on a Y fare, did they mean they have a Coach tkt or that in fact they have a Y fare , even thou the OPonly has 3 posts (2 in this thread) they signed up back in '09 so till they come back and specify what they meant by a Y fare Id assume they meant Coach rather then a Full Y fare
Old Jun 27, 2012, 3:39 am
Original Poster

I have a full Y fare. This is what it says on my ticket: Fare Class: United Economy (Y)
Old Jul 5, 2012, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

My upgrade went through this afternoon.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 5:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond
My upgrade went through this afternoon.
Congratulations! Enjoy the flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.