Wiki Posts
Search

No Points Credited by United Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2019, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
No Points Credited by United Hotels

Hi All. Call me the sucker that I am for using United Hotels to get award miles, but here we are. I used United Hotels twice this year to make hotel reservations, but looking back through my account activity see that I was never actually credited the miles for either of those stays. I called the MP desk, but they said I should follow up with the actual hotel I stayed at. That can't be right, can it? Since United Hotels asks for your MP number when you make the booking?

Any insight appreciated (or maybe I should take the opportunity to enter the hotel loyalty foray.

(Mods- apologies if this is the wrong place for this post)
Old Dec 2, 2019, 4:44 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by aero219
...I called the MP desk, but they said I should follow up with the actual hotel I stayed at. That can't be right, can it? ...
Yes that is right

Originally Posted by aero219
...Since United Hotels asks for your MP number when you make the booking? ...
It is the stay that generates the miles, not the booking. When checking in with the hotel make sure they have the appropriate account information to credit the stay.

Also realize "United Hotels" is not a United Airline owned operation but rather an affiliated third party (Hotels.com)
Old Dec 2, 2019, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Also realize "United Hotels" is not a United Airline owned operation but rather an affiliated third party (Hotels.com)
Yes that part I knew -- thank you for clarifying everything. Makes sense to me now! Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.