Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premier status qualification requirements - 4 UA Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: All of them...

I just realized on united.com that I need 4 UA flights to qualify for Premier status, if I fly on AC on a UA ticket does it count? and is there a-way around this requirement?
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
Nope, I believe it's the metal that counts, so it would need to be an actual UA flight. The only way around it is to have a Chase credit card.

*Members who hold a Chase-issued Presidential Plus Credit Card or United MileagePlus Club Card are exempt from the minimum flight criteria as long as their card account is in good standing at the time of qualification.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chff
I just realized on united.com that I need 4 UA flights to qualify for Premier status, if I fly on AC on a UA ticket does it count? and is there a-way around this requirement?
It is not the ticket. It is the metal. AC is not UA so does not count.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: All of them...
Originally Posted by Antipode
The only way around it is to have a Chase credit card.
You need to have a Club card. I have a MileagePlus Card and I don't think it would help
Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:35 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
And if you get into a United Club before 6/30, the offer is still available for the first year free. Those offer codes are only from inside a club though; the standard offer is a $95 statement credit. I just got the card and they refunded me 44,000 of the original 57,000 miles I used to get the membership in Februrary.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 3:23 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM
I suppose if I booked and flew 4 segments on Contential metal pre 3/3 on Contential.com that this would count as United metal for the 4 segments?
Old Jun 19, 2012, 6:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by Antipode
Nope, I believe it's the metal that counts, so it would need to be an actual UA flight. The only way around it is to have a Chase credit card.
Correct, but also to add (and I am just sayin' to cover all the bases) it could also be United Express flights.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 7:08 am

Programs: UA 1K (plus a few others)
Originally Posted by chff
You need to have a Club card. I have a MileagePlus Card and I don't think it would help
Yes Club card. Just got mine last week, called UA, and got my gold status (have 60k miles, but none on UA )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.