Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possible Ticket Mixup?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2012, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Possible Ticket Mixup?

I need the advise of some expert flyer here. I'm not sure if there actually is an issue or am I over thinking everything!

I booked a trip with a travel agency. Dublin to Vancouver with BMI & Air Canada and then Vancouver to Dublin with United and BMI. The ticket was 013 (issued by Air Canada afaik)

The problem is the last flight LHR->DUB as it was originally UA7753 operated by BMI. This then changed to BD123 as the codeshare ended. Then it was changed to BA8126 as all BD flight numbers have changed to BA. United's site showed me booked in on BA8126 and BD123 at the same time.

I rang up United to ask if my bags would still be able to get checked through. They said there was an issue with my reservation and after being put on hold she said my bags would be checked through and everything would be sorted. I then checked on United and the BA8126 segment was deleted and I was on the BD123 again but I had a new eticket number 016.

I went on British Midland and British Airways site and they show the reservation all the way to Heathrow but no flight over from Heathrow. I rang BMI and they say under my eticket number I am not booked on the Heathrow Dublin flight. What should I do?
Old Jun 7, 2012, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Contact the travel agency with whom you booked the reservation. Ask them your questions. Whenever you book with a travel agency and there is a problem, you should always contact them. Tell them what the airlines told you and ask them to verify that you are confirmed on all the segments. If not, it is their responsibility to fix it.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 1:58 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
+1 on calling the travel agency. They are being paid to fix problems like this and ultimately owns the record.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JerryFF
Contact the travel agency with whom you booked the reservation. Ask them your questions. Whenever you book with a travel agency and there is a problem, you should always contact them. Tell them what the airlines told you and ask them to verify that you are confirmed on all the segments. If not, it is their responsibility to fix it.
Originally Posted by PTahCha
+1 on calling the travel agency. They are being paid to fix problems like this and ultimately owns the record.

Cool thanks. I have emailed them and hopefully they can sort it out without ringing. Time difference is annoying!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.