Search

Million Miler welcome kit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*75K, DL*FO, MB*TTN
Million Miler welcome kit

Hi all

Despite all of the bad news with the merger, one thing that I'm excited about is that I'm now close to the 1 Million Mile threshold given the bump up due to the merger of MileagePlus and OnePass.

I'm curious what the welcome package for the Million Miler program looks like – has anyone received one since the merger? What did they look like previously? Anything special about them, or just the standard fare (i.e., envelope, letter, cards & tags)? Any pics even?

How about at the 2 Million Miler level and beyond?
Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by UnitedFirst
Hi all

Despite all of the bad news with the merger, one thing that I'm excited about is that I'm now close to the 1 Million Mile threshold given the bump up due to the merger of MileagePlus and OnePass.

I'm curious what the welcome package for the Million Miler program looks like – has anyone received one since the merger? What did they look like previously? Anything special about them, or just the standard fare (i.e., envelope, letter, cards & tags)? Any pics even?

Yes I was pretty impressed, I got a package (don't remember if it was fedex or UPS but it was one of them) in a nice blue box. Was a nice touch, had luggage tags with 1K MM on them and some "thank you for flying stuff". I would say it was the nicest looking thing UA has ever sent me and a big step up from the 1K kits that only sometimes showed up without having to call 3 times and if they did were 3 months late. Though I did get this pre-3/3 but post 12/31/11 but everything was branded new UA so I assume its current.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:28 pm

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Delta gave me a selection of Tiffany bauble to choose from for my 1 MM. United gave me 6 drink coupons and nothing else.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 10:16 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by TravellingMan
Delta gave me a selection of Tiffany bauble to choose from for my 1 MM. United gave me 6 drink coupons and nothing else.
That's better than a sharp stick in the eye (tho not by much )
Old Jun 4, 2012, 10:43 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Discoverist
I don't think

there is any any MM kit anymore.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by TravellingMan
Big deal, I also get Tiffany, Alice, Louise, Mary, and Spike "Babble" nearly every time I call the 1K #!
Old Jun 5, 2012, 5:25 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
cheap

It looks very cheap. The PMCO kit was so much nicer; a fancy shiny box, a beautiful card with big Million Miler logo, and a metallic luggage tag with your name engraved onto it. The new UA box is fairly plain, and comes with 2 plastic MileagePlus cards, one that is hole punched so you can use it as a bag tag. The logo is gone, replaced with small text that says you're a million miler above your status indicator in the lower right hand. No gifts.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 9:31 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
It looks very cheap. The PMCO kit was so much nicer; a fancy shiny box, a beautiful card with big Million Miler logo, and a metallic luggage tag with your name engraved onto it. The new UA box is fairly plain, and comes with 2 plastic MileagePlus cards, one that is hole punched so you can use it as a bag tag. The logo is gone, replaced with small text that says you're a million miler above your status indicator in the lower right hand. No gifts.
+1. That pretty much summed it up. It was quite underwhelming. I know the number of 1MMs has gone up (regardless of actual or bump up in miles), but it is still quite an accomplishment for a flyer and demonstrates the long loyalty that one has shown to an airline. I wasn't expecting anything extravagant but at least something nice to say thank you.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, United Club
It's a nice kit. No drink tickets...
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:59 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by revigik
there is any any MM kit anymore.
There most definitely is still a MM kit sent out; if you check the post-3/3 credentials received thread, you'll see many MM flyers reporting when they received theirs--and that it was basically as described by others in this thread.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by UnitedFirst
See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...iler-gift.html
Old Jun 5, 2012, 8:56 pm

Programs: *AG, Choice Privileges Elite Diamond, SPG Gold, La Quinta Returns Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold
6 drink chits?

6 drink chits - for a million miles on the same airline?

Hmm...Let's do some quick math. I don't know what the RASM at UA is nowadays, but let's give them a generous ten cents per mile. If someone has flown a million BIS (butt-in-seat) miles, then that means that you generated $100,000 in revenue for that airline. (Yes, I know, not all MM members actually flew a million BIS miles. Let's not get sidetracked onto that argument.)

So the award for $100,000 is 6 drink chits? That better be some real fine champagne you're drinking. It better make Cristal Champagne taste like Mogen David....
Old Jun 6, 2012, 5:47 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LEONIDES
6 drink chits - for a million miles on the same airline?

So the award for $100,000 is 6 drink chits? That better be some real fine champagne you're drinking. It better make Cristal Champagne taste like Mogen David....
I don't think the MM kit comes with any drink chits; I know mine didn't. Maybe they came with people who earned a new elite status level plus MM. So if you were gold going on platinum and earned MM concurrently, it was the upgraded standing that drove the chits and not the MM.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
I don't think the MM kit comes with any drink chits; I know mine didn't. Maybe they came with people who earned a new elite status level plus MM. So if you were gold going on platinum and earned MM concurrently, it was the upgraded standing that drove the chits and not the MM.
Mine came with another Premier 1K packet, just like the one received in January this year for requalify. The 1K packet has 10 drink chits inside.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Here are the pictures of the Million Miler kit that I recently received.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.