Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[PROMO] Explore the world with United and earn up to 25,000 bonus award miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PROMO] Explore the world with United and earn up to 25,000 bonus award miles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2012, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1P
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
I'll ask...flights operated by Colgan and expressjet are out?
I was wondering about this too -- but it seems like United Express flights are included.

Also, what's the point of sending the e-mails today, but listing 4/15/12 as the start date? Will a ticket purchased on 4/18/12 qualify or not?
Old Apr 26, 2012, 4:00 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mdobbins
Mine is

5,000 bonus award miles - 4 roundtrips
10,000 bonus award miles - 5 roundtrips
25,000 bonus award miles - 7 roundtrips

Same offer I received.
1K in CLE
Old Apr 26, 2012, 4:06 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents, UA Plat, IHG Plat, MR Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by miguel0881
I was wondering about this too -- but it seems like United Express flights are included.

Also, what's the point of sending the e-mails today, but listing 4/15/12 as the start date? Will a ticket purchased on 4/18/12 qualify or not?
I was wondering about the same. It seems like you have to register and then purchase but then why would they have a date 10 days ago?

"To qualify, register for the offer before travel, then purchase and complete paid qualifying roundtrips to any destination worldwide on United– or United Express®–operated flights."
Old Apr 26, 2012, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA, DL UA (.5MM)
Thumbs down Fail

It may seen inappropriate to classify something as "classic" behavior, since the official merger date (as far as systems integration) was just under two months ago. Having said that, this targeted "promotion" is yet another "classic" COdbaUA FAIL.

As I said in my last post, I got the "According to our records, you are not eligible to participate in this promotion." reply.

Since I had an hour before my next appointment, I decided to call MP. 22 minute wait for an agent. (I wouldn't be surprised if this exact topic was causing new delays today.)
The agent was pleasant enough, but unfamiliar with the promotion. I explained that the promotion was clearly targeted, but that there was no clarity or any obvious explanation as to exactly who was, or was not targeted. I noted that if the promotion was targeted for a specific group of United Mileage Plus customers, it would help a lot if the reasoning was transparent. After 10 minutes of talking, I was put on hold while she "checked on the promotion."

After 12 minutes on hold, she came back to tell me that she couldn't find anything new about the promotion, but would happily give me the number for "Customer Relations," and that they might be able to explain how this targeting works.

Yeah, uh huh.... Not likely.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA former 1K (1.9MM and gone), Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by channa
25K/4 for me.

Not a bad promo. Wonder how scared they are to be tossing something like this out there without the usual low-fare exceptions and with the timing right into the summer booking season.
Scared is right. I got 25k/4 as a 1K MM, but maybe they've noticed that I've cut back dramatically on my paid UA travel in the last couple of months.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: TA Platinum (Now LifeMiles Diamond), CO/CM Platinum. (Now UA Premier 1K) AMEX Platinum
A few more data points.

Me, not eligible as 1K.

Mrs. TacaCopaFlyer Platinum 7, 8, 9 trips required for bonuses
Little Miss TacaCopaFlyer Platinum, 1, 2, 4 trips required for bonuses.

Wife and daughter have very similar flight patterns, so there seems to be some direction and randomness in this promotion.

Thanks OP, at least the little one should get some miles.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
As a Platinum my offer is:
1 RT = 5,000 bonus award miles
2 RT = 10,000 bonus award miles
4 RT = 25,000 bonus award miles
Platinum in Chicago. Was NOT targeted but entered my new OP # and got this:

Earn 5,000 bonus award miles for 1 roundtrip, 10,000 bonus award miles for 2 roundtrips and a maximum of 25,000 bonus award miles for 4 roundtrips. Just purchase and fly on United before July 15, 2012, to any of the more than 370 destinations we serve.

Your MileagePlus® number has been registered for this promotion.

Love this because I fly ORD-LGA R/T every other week. Easy 25K miles.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 4:20 pm

Not eligible here.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MPsince1984
It may seen inappropriate to classify something as "classic" behavior, since the official merger date (as far as systems integration) was just under two months ago. Having said that, this targeted "promotion" is yet another "classic" COdbaUA FAIL.
To be fair, the PMUA 'targetted' promotions were just as mysterious.

Personally, I think that they should have run this as a systemwide promotion. There's enough ill will out there that they need to something for everyone.

Uh, let me correct that, they could probably get away with a systemwide promotion less about 10 PMCOers here on FT who see nothing wrong with the way things are right now.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 4:29 pm

Why do non-US residents never get these kind of promotions???
Old Apr 26, 2012, 4:29 pm

I was not targeted, but used the link and received this message:

DougDons, earn 5,000 bonus award miles for 8 roundtrips, 10,000 bonus award miles for 9 roundtrips and a maximum of 25,000 bonus award miles for 10 roundtrips.

Now book your trip on United and complete your travel before July 15, 2012, to any of the more than 370 destinations we serve.

I am a 1K.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by DougDons
I was not targeted, but used the link and received this message:
My email just arrived, so maybe you'll still get yours.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 4:35 pm

Just a quick data point -

The promo code determines the RT needed and of course
your mileage # needs to be eligible for that promo.

TB3M88 (OP)
5K for 1 RT
10K for 2 RT
25K for 4 RT

TB3M89 (Mine & Spouse)
5K for 2 RT
10K for 3 RT
25K for 5 RT

If others post their promo codes, we should have a full set soon

Any pointers on finding cheap flights from SEA ?
Old Apr 26, 2012, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA, DL UA (.5MM)
Originally Posted by hobo13
To be fair, the PMUA 'targetted' promotions were just as mysterious.

Personally, I think that they should have run this as a systemwide promotion. There's enough ill will out there that they need to something for everyone.

Uh, let me correct that, they could probably get away with a systemwide promotion less about 10 PMCOers here on FT who see nothing wrong with the way things are right now.
LOL... Yep.

One example last year was the targeted promotion for EQM miles based on folks living in specific markets (was it just the states of IL and CA?). While I was personally quite frustrated by that, at least it was clear and transparent. Almost everything these days on COdbaUA appears to be smoke and mirrors.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Got 1/2/4 as a 1K. Have 47k PQM year to date (all except one LGA-DCA shuttle on UA), but no flights for a month due to a long vacation using BA miles so may look like someone who has stopped flying post-merger to their systems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.