Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

How do I find a PMUA aircraft's reg. number based on aircraft # on flight status page

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do I find a PMUA aircraft's reg. number based on aircraft # on flight status page

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2012, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum

For the PMCO aircraft the aircraft # displayed on the Flight status page on continental.com was partially corresponding to the registration number, or at least you could find the registration number based on the aircraft #. I tried doing the same for the new aircraft # displayed for PMUA aircraft, but no luck. Does anybody know whether there is a correlation between the aircraft # and tail number for PMUA planes?

Thanks.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 8:55 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
Check out the united fleet updates page or search united airlines interior modifications website on google and you will find the website I created where you can see the website I created.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, UA767400. Wow, that's an excellent resource, thanks for pointing it out to me.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 9:06 pm

No problem! Glad you like it! I hope it can answer your question. It is confusing/complicated.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UA767400
No problem! Glad you like it! I hope it can answer your question. It is confusing/complicated.
Yes it can, I can now find the tail numbers for my flights Any plans to add tail/aircraft numbers for the RJ's?
Old Mar 15, 2012, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by gusd
Yes it can, I can now find the tail numbers for my flights Any plans to add tail/aircraft numbers for the RJ's?
No, way too confusing and too much work! Sorry, but I really don't want to deal with all of that work as some Skywest aircraft operate for DL and UA...., but I don't know which ones do or dont.

I apologize, but I am not going to
Old Mar 16, 2012, 7:37 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
www.airfleets.net lists registration numbers by MSN and registration number. I often use them when I only have a partial reg:

http://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/U...ive-b737ng.htm
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CMK10
www.airfleets.net lists registration numbers by MSN and registration number. I often use them when I only have a partial reg:

http://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/U...ive-b737ng.htm
Yes, that's what I used for PMCO, but the aircraft # on united.com does not match anything for the PMUA aircraft as the ones for PMCO do.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:06 pm

Yes, that's what I used for PMCO, but the aircraft # on united.com does not match anything for the PMUA aircraft as the ones for PMCO do.
For sCO aircraft the last 3 digits of the registration are the ship number so for example N12116 the ship number would be 116. 0116 on the nose gear doors, and 3116 on SHARES and the united.com website. for sUA aircraft for example N538UA would be the registration and the ship number would be 5438 with the 4 just being some radom number. The sCO ship numbers are much easier to match to the actual registration of the aircraft, then the sUA ship numbers/registration numbers.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
for sUA aircraft for example N538UA would be the registration and the ship number would be 5438 with the 4 just being some radom number.
Well, that doesn't seem to be the case, at least with the 772s. For example, today's ORD-MUC is listed as Boeing 777-200ER aircraft #2368. There is no N236UA, nor any N23XUA for that matter. However, on UA767400's website, N768UA is listed as aircraft #2368 So the last two digits of the aircraft number match the last two digits in the tail number. So the patterns seems #--68 = N--68UA
Old Mar 16, 2012, 2:13 pm

Well, that doesn't seem to be the case, at least with the 772s. For example, today's ORD-MUC is listed as Boeing 777-200ER aircraft #2368. There is no N236UA, nor any N23XUA for that matter. However, on UA767400's website, N768UA is listed as aircraft #2368 So the last two digits of the aircraft number match the last two digits in the tail number. So the patterns seems #--68 = N--68UA
For the most part 3 of the numbers in the ship number are part of the registration, its the 767/777/747s which I believe have random bizarre numbers.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
For the most part 3 of the numbers in the ship number are part of the registration, its the 767/777/747s which I believe have random bizarre numbers.
Yes, I noticed that after I posted. Maybe some of the numbers were already taken

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.