Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2012, 1:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
How are things going on in Europe? Does anyone have problems checking in?
Will let you know in a bit. Sitting in MUC now waiting for boards to show my flight so I can go to the gate and get a BP. Not very comfortable not being able to see status of the flight via the Android app and united.com.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 1:23 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by GlobalSTL
FYI unitedairlines.com.au still seem to be up and running with the old UA format....
Dead now. Gives the same "unavailable" page that going to united.com gives
Old Mar 3, 2012, 1:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.94MM, Marriott Titanium
Another Update from LHR T1

The transfer desk was also two deep with staffing and only a short line.

My OLCI boarding pass was swapped for a manual (i.e. handwritten) BP at the star alliance lounge. Only took about two minutes as they had 4 agents dedicated to the process. Strange that they wrote my old MP number on the BP.

Also, saw a thick document describing the PSS day 1 proceedures on the counter. Good job training your staff, UA! ^
Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:01 am

Programs: 1K, BA Silver, SPG Plat, HH
Sitting in FRA in the LH FC lounge, all has gone well today. LHR-FRA-BLR, on a UA ticket with an SWU application and an expired *A card in London for the lounge. I was allowed in as an 'exception' I had a with a companion, which required the use of a valid *A gold card. I didn't argue the point, I did let her know about the expired UA card issue and she said she hadn't heard about this, which was surprising.

I had a 'C' fare for the SWU, and I did ask about using a 'Z' out of curiousity. The LH Frau said 'strengen verboten' they are well aware of the change of policy. I asked even if the SWU didn't specifically prohibit 'Z' fares, and she said yes. She said they now check with the aircraft ops team also who would forbid this. She was actually super helpful.
She also said they knew about the United card issue, when I entered the new Senator Lounge, before being upgraded, all they needed was my BP.

Hope that helps?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
MUC Update

The LH *A Lounge was unable to make boarding cards, but the pre-security agents were. They were hand writing them and taking customers in order of departure times. Smooth so far, but they said we'll get our final boarding pass from the gate agents so not sure what the card I have does other than get me through security. That's when the rubber meets the road.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:06 am

Programs: UA*G, UA 1MM
Came in BCN->FRA on LH. UA Transfer area was well staffed. You hand them your passport, they ask the security questions, find you on a pre-printed list and write out a BP by hand. They have announced multiple times "no upgrades, no seat changes". The lines are long, but they seem to move along and the staff look like they are handling things pretty well. UA looks like they were well prepared.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:09 am
21A

I hope someone's going to post a picture of a handwritten boarding pass (with personal info appropriately blurred). It's not every day you see that...
Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:40 am

Programs: UA 1K >2MM, IC Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Integrated Website now UP!
Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:43 am
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

united.com is open for business

Hi Everyone,

Our united.com transition is almost complete. Please feel free to start exploring, but, please note that updates to some features are still in progress.

Shannon
Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:46 am

Programs: UA 1K >2MM, IC Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jimmc66
Integrated Website now UP!
Hey, I beat the UAInsider Shannon! Is there some kind of award for that??

Last edited by jimmc66; Mar 3, 2012 at 3:16 am Reason: meh
Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Not earth shattering right now, but FYI...
I have two reservations, one for March 4th and one for March 11th.
I looked at the March 11th reservation, then looked at the March 4th and tried to see what an upgrade to F would be by choosing to change seats. The system offered me an upgrade on my March 11th itinerary. Seems like it is caching the previous itinerary somewhere along the way.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:50 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi Everyone,

Our united.com transition is almost complete. Please feel free to start exploring, but, please note that updates to some features are still in progress.

Shannon
FYI, the elite cards shown on http://pss.united.com/web/en-US/cont...virtual_expert are still from OnePass.

...and apparently country-specific sites (e.g. www.unitedairlines.com.hk) are now gone.

Last edited by toyotaboy95; Mar 3, 2012 at 2:58 am
Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:51 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
...and I could request a GPU for a April PM-CO operated flight with a PM-UA SWU!
Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:56 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Thumbs down

Just went online to the new United site, current point balance and segments for this year are showing as 0, as in not available.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 2:58 am

Programs: Virgin Aus Platinum; UA 1K; Sofitel Platinum (A-Club); Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold / Premium Club
This 1K has zero miles...is a general member...and none of my reservations exist. Might have been a better plan to keep the site down until the other data migration jobs completed!

Update: the site now shows my bookings (still must be running the mileage merger job). WHen I pull up a booking - I get

! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.