Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2014, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JOSECONLSCREW28
Initial list courtesy of JOSECONLSCREW28.

sCO
NTA = Newark Transatlantic
NLS = Newark Language Speaker
EWR = Newark Domestic
HTA = Houston Transatlantic
HOS = Houston Other Speaker
IAH = Houston Domestic
CLE = Cleveland Domestic
LAI = Los Angeles International
LLS = Los Angeles Language Speaker
LAX = Los Angeles Domestic
SFI = San Francisco International
SLS = San Francisco Language Speaker
SFO = San Francisco Domestic
WTA = Washington Dulles Transatlantic
WLS = Washington Dulles Language Speaker
IAD = Washington Dulles Domestic
DEN = Denver Domestic
ORD = Chicago Domestic

sCMI (Continental Micronesia)
GUM = Guam (All flights using sCMI 737s)

sUA (number of active FAs - updated numbers here)
SFOSW = San Francisco - 1944
ORDSW = Chicago - 1773
DCASW = Washington DC - 1507
LAXSW = Los Angeles - 1120
DENSW = Denver - 799
JFKSW = New York JFK (p.s. FAs) - 655 (will close with the pulling out of JFK; this base covers all 3 NYC airports flights into/out of EWR, LGA will be covered by other sUA bases)
IAHSW = Houston - 550
LHRSW = London - 493
NRTSW = Tokyo - 391
HKGSW = Hong Kong - 344
BOSSW = Boston - 265
FRASW = Frankfurt - 257
LASSW = Las Vegas - 163
HNLSW = Honolulu - 127
Print Wikipost

Flight Attendant bases for new merger

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2012, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Flight Attendant bases for new merger

Hi United Airlines friends. Does anyone know where all the new flight attendant bases will be located now that the merger has taken place?
And then, I need your advice please, for an interview.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 10:58 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Writemein, welcome to FlyerTalk!

We're going to move this to the UA forum where it's more likely to receive a response.

See you around the forums.

Cholula
CommunityBuzz Co-Moderator
Old Feb 19, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
I do know CO is hiring FA's. My GF's friend just left SkyWest to go there. She starts training next week and has been told she will have her choice of CO bases. As far as FA's from both UA and CO flying across the system, the best guess speculation is that is about 2 years away. YMMV...

Good luck and welcome to flyertalk!!
Old Feb 19, 2012, 11:10 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
Welcome! I believe they are LAX, SFO, EWR, CLE, ORD, DEN, and IAH. They could be more, but that is all I know. Good Luck!
Old Feb 19, 2012, 11:22 am

Right now only CO is hiring FAs and base options are IAH, EWR, or CLE.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 11:24 am
Suspended

Programs: CO OP-Plat, UA MP-1K
Advice for interview...demonstrate proven friendliness and patience. You will especially need that working for this airlines and with its passengers...especially after this merger.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Are they closing any of the FA domiciles? IIRC, the PMUA list includes SEA,SFO,LAX,DEN,ORD,IAD,JFK,BOS,NRT,HNL,FRA (and possibly another 1 or 2) HKG? LHR?

Last edited by FriendlySkies; Feb 19, 2012 at 1:12 pm Reason: adding FRA
Old Feb 19, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Are they closing any of the FA domiciles? IIRC, the PMUA list includes SEA,SFO,LAX,DEN,ORD,IAD,JFK,BOS,NRT,HNL (and possibly another 1 or 2) HKG? LHR?
Eventually I would think that is what Management will want to consolidate bases. Getting the FA's to approve it, could be interesting....
Old Feb 19, 2012, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
Are they closing any of the FA domiciles? IIRC, the PMUA list includes SEA,SFO,LAX,DEN,ORD,IAD,JFK,BOS,NRT,HNL (and possibly another 1 or 2) HKG? LHR?
The LHR based FAs I know are being reassured by corporate (for whatever this is worth) that LHR will remain a FA domicile!
Old Feb 19, 2012, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by IAHCOPLAT
Advice for interview...demonstrate proven friendliness and patience. You will especially need that working for this airlines and with its passengers...especially after this merger.
Another advice, they had been doing interviews nonstop mon-fri since October, by now they are only looking for people with previous FA experience, if not one is going to be sent home immediately. One can walk in and out of the interview within 15 minutes.

Originally Posted by UA767400
Welcome! I believe they are LAX, SFO, EWR, CLE, ORD, DEN, and IAH. They could be more, but that is all I know. Good Luck!
It is CO hiring, not UA. Those you mentioned LAX/SFO/ORD/DEN are UA bases.

Originally Posted by goingbananas
She starts training next week and has been told she will have her choice of CO bases.
Originally Posted by UnitedFlyGuy
Right now only CO is hiring FAs and base options are IAH, EWR, or CLE.
Those are CO bases, and they said those are the options, but in reality all new hires are sent to EWR.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Feb 19, 2012 at 12:52 pm
Old Feb 19, 2012, 12:47 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Let's not forget GUM. They have a flight attendant base but aren't currently hiring as they have "excess" capacity.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Also FRA for UA. I sat next to a FA who is based in FRA a few weeks ago.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Writemein
Hi United Airlines friends. Does anyone know where all the new flight attendant bases will be located now that the merger has taken place?
And then, I need your advice please, for an interview.
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
It is CO hiring, not UA. Those you mentioned LAX/SFO/ORD/DEN are UA bases.
Writemein asked about all basses not just CO bases. While yes CO is the one hiring, I answered his question. Plus once he is working for a while and positions are open he could always transfer.

(This is the Consolidated form not just the CO or UA form)
Old Feb 19, 2012, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Writemein asked about all basses not just CO bases. While yes CO is the one hiring, I answered his question. Plus once he is working for a while and positions are open he could always transfer.
OP was asking new hire flight attendant bases. And currently CO is hiring but not UA, by mentioning UA bases are rather pointless and misleading. They are one compnay but the crews are not, and won't be anytime soon neither.

And no, OP cannot change from CO bases to UA bases even he is working for a while, at least not until both UA and CO contrats for FA are merged, and who knows how long it takes. Also even positions or bases are open, it depends on seniority, it could take up to 10 years to changes bases for new hires, we are not talking about a company so tiny like expressjet or skywest.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Feb 19, 2012 at 1:04 pm
Old Feb 19, 2012, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
OP was asking new hire flight attendant bases. And currently CO is hiring but not UA. They are one compnay but the crews are not, and won't be anytime soon neither.

And no, OP cannot change from CO bases to UA bases even he is working for a while, at least not until both UA and CO contrats for FA are merged, and who knows how long it takes. Also even positions or bases are open, it depends on seniority, it could take up to 10 years to changes bases for new hires.
First of all not all new hires are sent to EWR, secondly I know it takes a whole for a flight attendant to transfer and by the time he could there will most likely be a single flight attendant contract.

ALSO look at the title of this thread: Flight attendant bases for the new merger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.