Wiki Posts
Search

Million Milers - Petition the UA Board

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2012, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
Million Milers - Petition the UA Board

A new website has been set up allowing a direct link to the United Board of Directors. Any United flier who, over the years, has trusted United's promises about their million mile benefits and is disappointed with the recent changes should consider signing this online petition.

So if you're an incipient, recent or long time Million Miler and want to go directly to those who oversee Smisek et al with your concerns, this is a efficient and effective way to let the Board know how concerned we all are.

Here's the website:

http://millionmilersunited.com/
Old Feb 1, 2012, 12:26 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
In petitioning for something there is usually a specific request, unless I am missing it, this petition seem to be vaguely asking to restore the previous benefits. Is my understanding correct?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
This is a horribly written letter from a layout, grammar and punctuation perspective. It really cannot help your cause as written. I'd be happy to help you re-write it if I can figure out exactly what you're petitioning for ^
Old Feb 1, 2012, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
It's poorly written, and not structured appropriately.
Aside from that, why do you have to bring up 9/11?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3 Million/ex-many year GS, AA PLT/2 Mil, AS MVPG, HH Dia, Starwood Life Plat, Hertz PC
Why do you say the MM recalculation was a "mystery"? From the UA Preview web page:

* Additional EQM will include any other EQM earning that counted toward a member's elite status in previous years:
EQM earned from flights on Star Alliance airline partners
EQM earned from class-of-service bonuses
EQM earned from activity with specific Chase Credit Cards
EQM from certain promotional offers, such as Double EQM or Purchase EQM
The following were not counted in either the original lifetime balance or in the recalculation:
Redeemable/award miles from credit card spend or hotel, car or retail partners
Purchase Miles, Gift Miles, Transfer Miles or Reward Miles
Bonus redeemable/award miles earned on flights, including elite bonus miles
Bonus redeemable/award miles from promotional offers
Base redeemable/award miles from non-Star Alliance airline partners
Redeemable/award miles earned from class-of-service bonuses
Doesn't seem anything mysterious about this - pretty specific. Also agrees to high degree with what people actually saw.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Million Mile Flyer
I would be happy to support this if it is clear what the issue is and what the proposed solution is that we are looking for.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by star_world
This is a horribly written letter from a layout, grammar and punctuation perspective. It really cannot help your cause as written. I'd be happy to help you re-write it if I can figure out exactly what you're petitioning for ^
+1. Not only the letter--everything on this website is so poorly written and confusing in its construction that it probably does more harm than good.

I believe the ask is to restore PMUA's MM benefits for use on the combined network, which if you think about it is kind of a stretch, given the extent to which other MP elite tier benefits have also been diluted as result of the merger.

I am pro-merger though, BTW
Old Feb 1, 2012, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
The 9/11 reference reminds of of the episode of Family Guy where Lois campaigns for mayor.

Lois: "9..."

*audience gasps*

Lois: "11!"

*furious audience applause*

Old Feb 1, 2012, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
god, what a poorly written letter. What is the intended objective?

I won't sign it.

Re-write the letter. Cut out a lot of the BS. Outline specific goals and objectives, and I would re-consider.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
I thought the main beef of PMUA 1MMs was that theyr'e doing away with the yearly CR-1s and SWUs...
Old Feb 1, 2012, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by as219
I thought the main beef of PMUA 1MMs was that theyr'e doing away with the yearly CR-1s and SWUs...
Without try to rehash the discussion which has been going on in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ng-2012-a.html
the issues raised have been
-- loss of annual CR1s
-- loss of threshold SWUs (and other threshold gifts)
-- loss of Lifetime RCC (2MM level -- but exisiting 2MM were grandfathered)
-- the limited value of the companion match to some
-- outside of companion match, there is no "value" of achieving MM levels for an active flyer
-- the loss of upgrade priority due to inclusion of Plat level
-- the loss of RDM bonus, such as for 1MM with the reduction for Golds to 50%
(The latter two were general program changes but had an intended / unintended impact of MMers.)

And finally a broad concern if past "promises" can be changed at any time, it lowers the incentives to strive for MM status.

Suggest discussion of if or if not these are valid issues is better continued in the master thread and leave this thread for discussing the petition.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA-EXP/UA-1K/Hilton-Diamond
If the letter is going back to the drawing board... As a segment flyer I would love opportunity to actually have a shot at lifetime status!
Old Feb 1, 2012, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by TheEgg22
If the letter is going back to the drawing board... As a segment flyer I would love opportunity to actually have a shot at lifetime status!
While I believe segment flyers have a legitimate issue concerning lacke of alternative earning of MM status, broading this petition to cover additional issues is not likely to improve it success.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
The "ask" is buried in there:
Give us back our special status.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Plan
1. Become 1mm lite via inclusion *a mileage, credit card and other eqm bonuses
2. Demand more benefits

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.