Wiki Posts
Search

Dublin to Austin using Miles

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2011, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro
Dublin to Austin using Miles

I was able to use AA miles to get me to Europe and on the way back going to us Continental miles to get back from the Notre Dame Navy game in Dublin.

I have a few questions

1. I am currently ticketed DUB-FRA-IAD-AUS with FRA-IAH in Lufthansa Business. I could book FRA-IAD in United first. Is this worth the extra 35K in miles (2 tickets)?

2. Does United First get access to the first class lounge in FRA?

3. I know I can book Aer Lingus using United Miles but I booked this with CO miles. If the direct flights from Dublin to the US open up can I change my ticket to those flights? I am wait listed on the CO DUB-EWR flight.

Thanks!
NDTraveler
Old Oct 19, 2011, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by NDtraveler
I was able to use AA miles to get me to Europe and on the way back going to us Continental miles to get back from the Notre Dame Navy game in Dublin.

I have a few questions

1. I am currently ticketed DUB-FRA-IAD-AUS with FRA-IAH in Lufthansa Business. I could book FRA-IAD in United first. Is this worth the extra 35K in miles (2 tickets)?

2. Does United First get access to the first class lounge in FRA?

3. I know I can book Aer Lingus using United Miles but I booked this with CO miles. If the direct flights from Dublin to the US open up can I change my ticket to those flights? I am wait listed on the CO DUB-EWR flight.

Thanks!
NDTraveler
1. UA will be flat in F, LH will not be flat - but service wise - as it is a daytime flight - I would still go with LH for less points
2. Senator Lounge
3. Did you check DUB-PHL/CLT on US?
Old Oct 19, 2011, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the input!

I checked US Airways and nothing either. I have pretty much checked every route possible but no luck.

I am going to hold out for the CO direct DUB-EWR or the CO FRA-IAH and finally first class on my LH flight. Let the award games begin!
Old Nov 15, 2011, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

So I did some looking around.

Options I can confirm right now for 2 tickets

DUB-YYZ-ORD-AUS, Air Canada business 767
DUB-FRA-IAD-AUS, Lufthansa Business or United first (If LH First was available I would do this)
DUB-LHR-ORD-AUS, Virgin

Alternatives not available yet
DUB-EWR-AUS or DUB-EWR-IAH-AUS
DUB-LHR-IAH-AUS (Continental)

Of the available options I went with Virgin. What do you guys think? We would have almost 3 hours at LHR to spend in the lounge.

By the way on the way there we are AUS-DFW-LHR first class British airways.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 5:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
DUB-YYZ-ORD-AUS, Air Canada business 767
Research this more. DUB - YYZ has previously been operated on a plane with no business class, just all economy service, with some premium seats up front (think domestic first style). Perhaps this is changing for 2012..but it's something to watch for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.