Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance credit?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Star Alliance credit?

Hi. I'm trying to retain my UA elite status for 2012 and I need a couple more segments this year. I'm looking at a flight in December on US Airways. Since they are part of the Star Alliance along with UAL & CO would my US Airways segments count for my needed UA segments? If so, would I just book through the US Airways site & list my UAL MP#? I've already booked on CO for November and I think that they will count for sure (?). Thanks.

Last edited by Utahn; Sep 26, 2011 at 12:49 pm Reason: another question
Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Utahn
Hi. I'm trying to retain my UA elite status for 2012 and I need a couple more segments this year. I'm looking at a flight in December on US Airways. Since they are part of the Star Alliance along with UAL & CO would my US Airways segments count for my needed UA segments? If so, would I just book through the US Airways site & list my UAL MP#? I've already booked on CO for November and I think that they will count for sure (?). Thanks.
Yes to all of the above!

Just make sure your US Airways flight is booked into a fare class that earns miles, which I believe is all of them unless they are bought through a hidden carrier website like Priceline.

Compare to the earning chart here

And welcome to Flyertalk

Everyone is a little edgy around here with the merger, but we are pretty welcoming.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick response and the link.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 4:18 pm

Also, if any of the US segments is under 500 miles distance, you should credit the whole thing to your CO account (which needs to be linked to your UA account) to get the 500-mile EQM & RDM minimums on top of the desired segments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.