Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will UA p.s. service come to EWR?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2014, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
we have been here many times, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-come-ewr.html

LAX<>EWR reguarily has 1 lie flat 752 (smaller front cabin than PS) and occasionally 2 daily. SFO<>EWR very occasionally has lie flat service.
Indeed. I hope p.s never goes to EWR, the JFK operation is very private and intimate. I can show up at T7 with only 30 minutes to spare and still make the plane, even without TSA-PRE (which is meaningless these days)

EWR is a zoo. I only go there for internationals operated by UA / or if I have to.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 5:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The real question is when will UA restore full ps service to JFK? 25% of today's flights ex-SFO (2 of 8) are on domestic 752s.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by meFIRST
Indeed. I hope p.s never goes to EWR, the JFK operation is very private and intimate. I can show up at T7 with only 30 minutes to spare and still make the plane, even without TSA-PRE (which is meaningless these days)

EWR is a zoo. I only go there for internationals operated by UA / or if I have to.
+1 - T7 is a gem, and the UC is a ~2 min walk max from any gate.

When I was last there in Apr they *swore* real Pre (not the lite/expedited version they currently have) was coming soon.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
The real question is when will UA restore full ps service to JFK? 25% of today's flights ex-SFO (2 of 8) are on domestic 752s.
All the planes have been converted. During the conversion, I've seen pax walk out of the plane when they saw the non ps plane

Especially ex-SFO : The non ps plane has no wifi!
Old Apr 17, 2014, 6:02 pm

All the planes have been converted. During the conversion, I've seen pax walk out of the plane when they saw the non ps plane

Especially ex-SFO : The non ps plane has no wifi!
Except for the past few days when the domestic sUA 757s have been subbed in for the PS 757s.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by AADC10
It seems kind of stupid to not consistently offer lie flat BF to EWR from LAX/SFO to meet the Europe banks. sUA used to have 772s or 744s do positioning flights from IAD to SFO/LAX (DEN too), partially because IAD did not have a widebody maintenance facility and partially to provide three class service from California through IAD to Europe.
PMUA also had more widebodies than it knew what to do with while PMCO did not. Consider how the PMUA domestic 763's shifted to international service.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Except for the past few days when the domestic sUA 757s have been subbed in for the PS 757s.
And, unlike in the past, UA hasn't bothered to let people know in advance and give them the opportunity to jump onto a different flight.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:34 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
And, unlike in the past, UA hasn't bothered to let people know in advance and give them the opportunity to jump onto a different flight.
I just got an email earlier today for p.s. flight tomorrow where a domestic 757 is being subbed in. Called and switched to an earlier flight with no problem
Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by uanj
I just got an email earlier today for p.s. flight tomorrow where a domestic 757 is being subbed in. Called and switched to an earlier flight with no problem
That's good! ^
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:19 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by uanj
They are not being consistent with these notices because I didn't get one. Of course, I never get any of these triple miles/free RPU offers either . . . .
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by mgcsinc
That's good! ^
During the conversion, some of the regular pax would walk on the plane, see the CO configuration and walk out.

Their gripe is understandable. p.s advertises wifi on ALL FLIGHTS, not to mentioned the enhanced service.

Entertainment

Complimentary personal on-demand entertainment offering hundreds of movies, television shows, music and games on a 15.4-inch in-seat monitor
iPod Connect to watch your own movies or listen to your own music on the LCD screen
Gogo Wi-Fi Internet access available for purchase
In-seat power (accepts 110V and plugs from select countries) and USB port
Complimentary noise-reducing headphones
Listen to communications with air traffic control on Channel 9, a feature that’s unique to United

I would walk out and demand to be rebooked on something else (if I had time to spare). The folks in Chicago do not understand that the JFK/LAX-SFO crowd expect more ( and pay for more) will not settle for less.

This often would create headaches for the gate agents, not to mention the 3 class plane sold as 2 class for while. I thought those days are over.

Well, I guess one needs to be diligent.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:41 pm

During the conversion, some of the regular pax would walk on the plane, see the CO configuration and walk out.
I wouldn't really care if they swapped in a sCO 752 (so long as I kept my seat up front). It's a lie-flat and that's what I care about (particularly on the red-eye).

But swapping in these domestic sUA 752's is total bs.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
I wouldn't really care if they swapped in a sCO 752 (so long as I kept my seat up front). It's a lie-flat and that's what I care about (particularly on the red-eye).

But swapping in these domestic sUA 752's is total bs.
For most people, its the wifi, a feature advertised specifically for p.s flights.
The people at United in Chicago ( who live the in the middle of the country, what do they know about transcontinental service????) think its something special, the marketing department thinks otherwise.

p.s flights have always had wifi from time in memorial.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA G
+1 about Wi-Fi. I specifically book the p.s. flights with Wi-Fi. It's the difference between taking an additional vacation day vs. not.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by unavaca
+1 about Wi-Fi. I specifically book the p.s. flights with Wi-Fi. It's the difference between taking an additional vacation day vs. not.
So swapping a non ps plane (on a ps flight) , for most people that UA hopes to keep and attract as a customer would be a non starter.

As a paying customer, I expect everything I see in this video ad. A regular domestic 757 effectively a downgrade and a failure to deliver.

United Commercial - p.s. Premium Service

Wake me up for the Sundae!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.