Old Apr 21, 2012, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by infamousdx
One stop to the Maldives... sign me up!
naaaah... I ll take one stop to SEZ
Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:49 pm

Angry

It seems not all UA agents have gotten the message.

I'm on hold (1:14 so far) with an agent and her supervisors insisting QR awards are not combinable with anything else -- UA, Star Alliance, or otherwise. They are refusing to modify a booking I made months ago.

They're being stubborn even though I have gently told them they can see the mixed itineraries LIVE on UAL.com -- bookable and all.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 6:20 am

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Has Anyone Booked Qatar in F ?

I am looking at an Award ticket going from PHL-KUL in F. My dates are available in C but I would like F. Has anyone booked Qatar in F ?
Old Apr 25, 2012, 6:29 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
I think that Qatar uses only 2 cabin a/c on US routes. You'll have to route through Europe to get F. There are reports here that people were able to this w/o too much trouble.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 6:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
Originally Posted by TonyBurr
I am looking at an Award ticket going from PHL-KUL in F. My dates are available in C but I would like F. Has anyone booked Qatar in F ?
Yes I have, as reported here. I think todorovic is correct, QR uses 2-cabin a/c on US routes so you have to go through Europe. And if your destination is KUL, beware that they might charge you US-Middle East and Middle East-S Asia separately while it's standard US-S Asia miles (60K in C) if you are connecting only at DOH. Apparently C on US routes are good enough, so I don't think it's worth the additional miles and connection unless you really want to try F or have a reason to stop in Europe.

Last edited by MtRoot; Apr 25, 2012 at 7:03 am Reason: correction
Old Apr 25, 2012, 6:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a ticket CDG-DOH-JNB, itching to try out QR. Seems like F is never open on CDG-DOH, but business on both legs is wide open.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:55 am

Programs: MANY
Just tried to change one leg of my award booking from OS to QR. After being put on hold for 40 min, the agent (PMUA) told me QR can only be booked one-way, but not in my rather complex RT award .

Has anyone heard this? I plan to call back to find a different agent.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 6:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
Originally Posted by double_black77
Just tried to change one leg of my award booking from OS to QR. After being put on hold for 40 min, the agent (PMUA) told me QR can only be booked one-way, but not in my rather complex RT award .

The agent may be talking about booking one segment at a time. Apparently agents can't see QR flights with normal *A award search so they have to look for each segment separately (XXX-DOH/DOH-YYY rather than XXX-YYY) and then combine all segments into a single itinerary if it involves other *A carriers. Some agents are capable of or willing to do this but some are not. So calling back would probably help.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 6:51 am

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by double_black77

Not true - you should call back.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: UA-1Kmm, AA-EX Plt mm-, Hilton Diamond,
Long Layover in DOH

Does anyone have experience regarding the free hotel option for long layovers in DOH for First & Business passengers?

http://qatarairways.zendesk.com/entr...-hours-in-doha

I'm wondering if this applies to award tickets? I just booked an business award ticktet IAD-DOH-SIN with a 13 hour layover in DOH.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by MtRoot
The agent may be talking about booking one segment at a time. Apparently agents can't see QR flights with normal *A award search so they have to look for each segment separately (XXX-DOH/DOH-YYY rather than XXX-YYY) and then combine all segments into a single itinerary if it involves other *A carriers. Some agents are capable of or willing to do this but some are not. So calling back would probably help.
Talked to multiple agents (including web support) trying to let me change an award itinerary routing to route through Doha and other United / Star Alliance networks and they all said no. It wouldn't show up on their system and they made various excuses. (FYI, the origin and destination are the same.) Eventually I was transferred to what I believe was the ".com" line and had very helpful and thorough agent book it - they had to look it as a "revenue ticket" or something in order to book.

Lesson - keep calling back. Took me 2 calls, 5 agents, and 2 hours of calling, but it can be done.

Last edited by milesunited; Apr 26, 2012 at 8:57 am
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:24 am

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Originally Posted by milesunited
Talked to multiple agents (including web support) trying to let me change an award itinerary routing to route through Doha and other United / Star Alliance networks and they all said no. It wouldn't show up on their system and they made various excuses. (FYI, the origin and destination are the same.) Eventually I was transferred to what I believe was the ".com" line and had very helpful and thorough agent book it - they had to look it as a "revenue ticket" or something in order to book.

Lesson - keep calling back. Took me 2 calls, 5 agents, and 2 hours of calling, but it can be done.
I had a simple route all on QR, EWR-DOH-DEL, that showed up as available Saver Pass on the UA website. I called the elite line because I had a pre-existing reservation on LH that I wanted to change. The agent couldn't find the QR availability although I was staring at it. So having plenty of miles in miles in my account, he recommended that I book myself and then cancel the other reservation, which I proceeded to do without incident.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:33 am

Programs: UA-1Kmm, AA-EX Plt mm-, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by FLYDCA
Does anyone have experience regarding the free hotel option for long layovers in DOH for First & Business passengers?

http://qatarairways.zendesk.com/entr...-hours-in-doha

I'm wondering if this applies to award tickets? I just booked an business award ticket IAD-DOH-SIN with a 13 hour layover in DOH.
I called QR. I was told the free hotel room in DOH on a long layovers is only valid if you book directly with QR. They said "United Airlines ticket numbers are not eligible"
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:50 am

Programs: UA 1K (2MM), Marriott Lifetime Titanium (UGH), Uber Diamond
I booked IAH-DOH-JNB late last week for 2 people in C. It took multiple calls and long hold times to get an agent to actually look into this for me. I was told "NO" so many times it felt like I was talking with my 4 years nephew. In the end, they finally got it to work.

I am still waiting for my 15,000 (x2) to be redeposited as I downgraded us from UA global first. I am guessing we will still get better service in QR C than in UA F anyway.
Old May 3, 2012, 2:30 pm

I just booked (AMS-)MUC-DOH-DXB in C (after arguing with an agent over the phone for 15 mins that QR was indeed a MP partner) with DOH-DXB operated by UA. Does anyone know whether I will be able to access the premium terminal? (I have a 1h30min layover in DOH)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.