Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA M+ Awards with QR (Qatar)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2012, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA MM
I had a confirmed, ticketed itinerary for 2 of us on business class HYD-DOH-LHR-EWR. Got a call from continental yesterday saying due to schedule changes by QR, they have to route me through IAD, adding another leg to the already long journey. I refused.... and asked for the non-stop BOM-EWR which show zero award availability in business.

The agent was able to override the non-availability and get us on the non-stop. While I am happy that travel will be much easier on this flight (with a 5 yr old), I am sad that we won't be able to experience QR business class.

We have a couple of other confirmed tickets via DOH - fingers crossed...
Old Sep 19, 2012, 5:26 pm

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by coolbeans202
If it were me flying, I would probably just call QR and the other airline and confirm that everything is fine and ticketed and leave it at that.
I see it on QR's site (with eTicket #), and changes I make there (i.e. seat assignments) filter back to UA's site.

Originally Posted by coolbeans202
I would not bank on keeping those miles though, as United will probably catch it at some point during an audit. And, if it were me, I would also make sure I had a decent backup plan.
There's the catch... I would just book a backup, but if I did then my account would not have the miles for the QR ticket.

I have another ticket booked as a backup for a different ticket, but I don't really want to cancel that, as it's on QR.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:04 am

Ack! The QR segments disappeared from the reservation. I'm on the phone with UA now.

Edit: The UA agent says that QR their segments. Right now the reservation is just JFK-MUC (LH F), but the eTicket receipt still shows the QR segments.

Last edited by ralfp; Sep 20, 2012 at 11:22 am
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ralfp
Ack! The QR segments disappeared from the reservation. I'm on the phone with UA now.

Edit: The UA agent says that QR their segments. Right now the reservation is just JFK-MUC (LH F), but the eTicket receipt still shows the QR segments.
Digressing I know, but how did you find LH F space more than 2 weeks out? That seems like a minor miracle!
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:29 pm

So far I've been on the phone for at least 1h30m while they try to get the QR segments back.

Originally Posted by cricketer
Digressing I know, but how did you find LH F space more than 2 weeks out? That seems like a minor miracle!
There's a fair amount available, but generally only on flights with the older F seats.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 7:26 pm

Angry

My ticketed trip on LH F + QR C is gone.

I spent 2+ hours on the phone with a UA agent who was unable to get the QR segments back. I went from JFK-MUC-DOH-KTM (LH F & QR C) to LGA-ORD-[NRT]-BKK-KTM (UA F to BKK, TG C to KTM). The new itinerary involves an overnight in BKK and takes 44h+ vs. the original 29h.

Supposedly the UA agents were unable to get QR to release the seats. Should I have tried harder (e.g. called back)? The reservation was ticketed and QR dropped their segments yesterday or today. Do I have any recourse here?

In retrospect I should have called before Sept. 15, but saw that the LH+QR ticket was ticketed (on the 9th or 10th) and didn't notice the failure to take the miles until the 13th or 14th.

For now my plan is to watch for any good LH/LX/TG/etc. F or C routing to BKK on the day of travel.

N.B. TG from BKK is the only way to KTM on *A without a domestic China flight.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA - 1k, AA- ExPlat, SPG - Plat, MR - Plat, HGP - Dia, NC - Exec+
Suggestions Needed for QR Ticketed Booked Through MP

I'm reaching out to the FTers for some advanced planning suggestions.

As part of a Mileage Plus award ticket, Ms.BearDown and I are booked on a QR 787 Dreamliner this summer. We're scheduled to fly from DOH-FRA. It's listed as a 7.5 hour flight. As you can imagine, we'd much rather be in C, where we are booked, than Y.

Our fear is that if the 787s aren't cleared to fly, they'll substitute with a plane that has less C.

Given that we don't have status with QR and they are out of the star alliance, what would people recommend? Should we stick with it and see how the chips fall? Should we cancel the ticket and pick a new destination? Our goal is to not ride in Y on this trip.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
If you are booked in Y, you will fly in Y. Doesnt matter which aircraft operates. Period. There is zero chance of an op-up, and of course, no space will be available in C to UA.

I find it hard to believe that this far out there isnt C available on TK via IST on this route, or on the LH flight, or on UA to DXB and onwards from there.

While this thread is up, looks like QR switched my LHR-DOH to a 777 in 3 weeks time. United res still shows 787.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.