Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Is there a window of time to purchase tix?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2011, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

We need to go MRY to MSY in early Aug (4 or 5 Aug returing 8 Aug). I've been checking airfares from MRY/SJC/SFO to MSY/BTR/GPT with out finding anything very reasonable. It has seemed to me that usually fares (if there are unsold seats) dip a bit at about 6 wks out from date of flight... but today I'm reading about people finding deals our ot MSY for early July.

Is waiting a little longer advisable? $655 MRY to MSY econ seems very high to me.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you!
Old Jun 15, 2011, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by CIAlex
Is waiting a little longer advisable? $655 MRY to MSY econ seems very high to me.
That's up to you. There is a possibility that waiting a bit longer will allow you to snag some lower prices, but if the lower fare buckets are sold out, I suppose you may only see prices go up

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...1-edition.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.