Wiki Posts
Search

Stalls Vs Dress Circle seats- The Producers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2005, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Stalls Vs Dress Circle seats- The Producers

Looking to book seats for the Producers and am being offered midway side seats in the stalls or similar in the dress circle. Does anyone have any views on either?

I had side seats down the back when I first saw it and had to play left - right as the people in front of me kept moving all the time
Old Jun 20, 2005, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
I can't give you "specific" advice, as I've not seen the show, but I have used www.theatremonkey.com many times for very specific advice on what seats to book at which theatre....Hope that's of some help in any event.

Best wishes, Dave
Old Jun 20, 2005, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA, QR, OW loyal.
I saw The Producers soon after it opened, the best show I have ever seen in London and I have seen loads..!

We were Grand Circle C27 & C28, seats were just excellent, same price as the stalls, but I got the impression the stage was quite high and if you were front stalls, you may end up with neck ache.

If you want to be safe, go front'ish rows of the grand circle. ^
Old Jun 21, 2005, 12:34 am
Original Member

I second the Theatre Monkey recommendation...I read it thoroughly when buying my tickets to the Producers. Did you try calling See tickets direct, I got seats with no booking or mailing fee that way and sat in Center stalls, row P, seats, 16-17. I did have to shift only because the person in front of me was shifting...but the seats were excellent and only a few rows off prime seating...
Old Jun 21, 2005, 11:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 8 MM; Hilton Diamond
Just back from London where we saw The Producers. Absolutely awesome.

The theatre has a cross aisle about 10 rows back in the stalls. We scored some seats ON that aisle, had unlimited foot, leg and access room. A tad off to the side but did not detract from the experience at all. IMHO, whether its theatre or a ball game, I like being down close, in the middle of the action. Of course the better seats to see the whole stage at once are great circle. Heck, the best seats of all would be home on tv.

If you have to sit on the roof, see this play.

Last edited by bbkenney; Jun 21, 2005 at 11:56 pm
Old Jun 22, 2005, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA MARRIOTT Lifetime Plat Premier ; Marriott Vacation Club
Check out Theater Monkey, a London site which has theater reviews and venue information. Specifically, Theater Monkey has seat maps for each venue which are color coded and offer an opinion about the relative value a seat compared to the view it provides. It's all subjective of course, but it might help you decide and compare.

Enjoy the show.

Barry

<sorry to repeat the essence of Dave's message -- I missed it when I read down the thread -- but I do concur about Theater Monkey >

Last edited by jerseyfinn; Jun 22, 2005 at 4:17 pm
Old Jun 23, 2005, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Thanks for the tip on TheatreMonkey.com, it's fantastic! ^

I'm limited to one date due to friends being in town and the choice of seats from various agencies wasn't great. I opted for Stalls on the side in row Q as we will have an isle seat. Saw this in Jan and were in very similar seats. Infact I tried the agency that sold me those seats and they had the same seats for sale again!! All I hope for now is no extremeley tall people in front!

Thanks again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.