Wiki Posts
Search

MAN 'premium fast track processing' at passport control

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2017, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
MAN 'premium fast track processing' at passport control

You can now pay for fast track through immigration at MAN. (£6.) The scheme starts on 1st August.

http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/g...rack-security/

Is this a marvellous, innovative solution to enhance the lives of busy people in light of the challenges and potential delays caused by an increased level of security checks in the modern world?

... or a revenue-raising scheme? (Effect long queues due to lack of resources and inadequate numbers of Border Force personnel – and then charge £6 to get through immigration in a reasonable time.)
Old Jun 17, 2017, 1:12 pm

What's average midday wait for passport control at MAN for non-Brit, non-EU passport holders? Is it so bad that it's worth £6 to skip ahead of the line?

(will be arriving 11:30 am from KEF and have a busy afternoon ahead of us)
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:51 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
What's average midday wait for passport control at MAN for non-Brit, non-EU passport holders? Is it so bad that it's worth £6 to skip ahead of the line?

(will be arriving 11:30 am from KEF and have a busy afternoon ahead of us)
Non British None EU have their own line, which will generally be empty... Much to the annoyance of the rest of us forced to use the e-gates.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 10:01 pm

Just as a data point for others who are interested...

When our flight arrived ~12 noon, there were no other flights ahead of us at immigration. It took less than 6 minutes from getting in the immigration line to being done and out the door. It didn't hurt that ours were the first bags off the plane.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Non British None EU have their own line, which will generally be empty... Much to the annoyance of the rest of us forced to use the e-gates.
I went through there last week. Came off of a EU based flight, so I thought that as a non-EU national....I'm going to be through customs much quicker than the EU nationals/Brits after reading your posts on it.

The line was MUCH shorter for us than you guys....but....it moved a LOT slower. Five people were processed in the time it took 75 people to go through the gates.

We actually got through it at around the same time as the British couple that had to wait behind 100 people at the gates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.